Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the forum,

I just bought a 2015 Promaster City a few weeks ago and I love it. I have a light pedal rear braking noise from about 15 mph to zero and as you get to zero it ends up sounding like squeaky suspension bushings. You really need to hear it to know what I am talking about but the dealership says it is TSB 05-003-15 and ordered the parts. If I remember right they will replace the cylinders and pads. I read that off the work order so I hope they wrote it right since they spelled 'ordered' as "oreded"

I really like the PMC, just thought I would pass this TSB # on.

Rudy

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello to the forum,

I just bought a 2015 Promaster City a few weeks ago and I love it. I have a light pedal rear braking noise from about 15 mph to zero and as you get to zero it ends up sounding like squeaky suspension bushings. You really need to hear it to know what I am talking about but the dealership says it is TSB 05-003-15 and ordered the parts. If I remember right they will replace the cylinders and pads. I read that off the work order so I hope they wrote it right since they spelled 'ordered' as "oreded"

I really like the PMC, just thought I would pass this TSB # on.

Rudy
Thanx for the heads up Rudy.Sorry about the problem,but I'm sure it will get fixed.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have the parts in for the brakes I described above but I decided I would wait for 3k so I can get my first oil change at the same time, they are 1 hour away. That should be sometime next month. Since then there has been a driver door rubbing sound when I open it and one of the two 12 vdc sockets on the center console stopped working. I have only plugged my cell phone in them so I am not sure what is going on.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on Brake and 12 VDC power outlet issues

Concerning TSB 05-003-15 they replaced the rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders and the noise is gone. They could not see any apparent reason for the noise such as a wear pattern.

The 12 vdc power outlet between the front seats was fixed by replacing a ATM15 fuse so I am guessing there are separate fuses for each of the two.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That brake noise has come back again. I heard it about two weeks ago, then it was gone. Today it was there all day so I will contact Megee Motors Monday and see what to do from here. If you look at my original posting you can see the details.

Another note, I have a bunch of suspension noises while going over bumps, driveway entrances etc. It's a squeaky vehicle and I am from Wrangler country, never had a Wrangler as noisy in the suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts