Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie (Sept 2017) van owner in Orenco, Oregon. Outfitting a toy hauler for bikes and touring. So much to learn!

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Welcome to the OP
Outside lighting? With Your 800 watts of solar and Lithium batteries you could have a campsite lit like a Walmart Parking lot!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Welcome to the OP
Outside lighting? With Your 800 watts of solar and Lithium batteries you could have a campsite lit like a Walmart Parking lot!
That's funny that you say that. My wife and I were camping in Many Glacier (in a tent) and a guy next to us in a westfalia asked the next day if we'd turn off our lantern while sitting around the fire because people don't come out there to call in a Walmart parking lot. I was slightly offended. Btw, he was inside his van all night with the windows covered so I don't know why he cared.

I did observe the next night that there were almost no lights throughout the camp. So we were the one streetlight in camp. I pay more attention to the light I omit now. Now when I go other places the excess lights outside these monster rvs annoy me. I mean they're lit up like a landing strip.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Many people are afraid of the dark! Black night of a new Moon makes me happy. Thanks for your consideration! My grandchildren (late teenagers) will not go outside at night if there are not lights and my invitation to take them for a walk in the woods in Moonlight scares the crap out of them! Their loss!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,530 Posts
Josh, I'm glad you finally saw the light. We always try to avoid those #}#% lanterns. Since we don't cover our windows, I have a very dim interior light we use when others are around.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
498 Posts
I hate lights when camping as in a campground or boondocking. Parked in an RV park I don't mind the lights so much.
Drives me crazy to be next to a camper that has all the lights on outside.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Winston, start it! Add a boon-docking (what we in AZ call Coyote Camping) thread with waste disposal, hiding, cell service, bear spray options, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts