Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I recently purchased a PM that had a auxiliary red dot heater installed in the cargo area to keep flowers warm (former flower delivery vehicle). It operates by using the heat from the engines cooling system to circulate heat via the electric fan in the actual unit.

I was thinking of utilizing it as a rear heater in a pinch or to crank out some heat in the back while driving as the vehicle obviously needs to be running for the heater to work. I'd move it to under my fixed bed and run ducting for fresh air intake to the fan and out to direct the heat accordingly.

Anyone else utilize one of these type of heaters in their builds?

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have something like this in my van. I have a heat exchanger connected to my rad that heats hot water. While this was being installed the installer suggested adding an air heater and thermostat that could be used to provide supplemental heat. It works well but I'll be honest I don't use it that much. In winter I drape off the cab while driving, and when I do need heat in the living area (during cold weather camping) we use our Webasto Diesel heater. If you have it already, and it's plumbed I would say go ahead and repurpose it. Below is a link to my air/water heating system.

https://www.promasterforum.com/thre...tric-vs-alternatives.69634/page-2#post-496146

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome thanks for the reply! We dont plan on doing to much winter camping but figured since i have it, I might as well make use of it to have an option in the future if its a bit too chilly for only scotch to work ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts