Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PM now has 3,600 miles on the odo and the side sliders are rattling when I go over any slight imperfections on the road. It's a load rattling squeezing sound. It's super annoying and gives me a headache.
Does anyone else have this problem? I have the drivers side slider and they both are making a racket. My 2000 e350 didn't make this much noise after 150,000 miles!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My rear doors have squeaked since I got the pm, but only on bumps & rutty roads that 'twist' the body. Just potholes won't do it. I have driver's slider too & it squeaks slightly first thing in the morning then stops, but nothing from passenger's side. No rattling though. 10,000mi on mine now. Had the dealers adjust rear doors at first oil change, but haven't had the time to take it back yet. Adjustment didn't cure the squeak. On my rear doors you can see white (is there any other color?) on the door gasket from the rubbing. Haven't seen this here from others; thought I was the only one. Tried silicone spray on the gaskets to no avail.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Well.. its not my rear doors after all.
its the suspension.
Squeaks like crazy now. ..
even when i hop up and down on the bumper.
any1 else ? And what to do about it. Dammmnnnn

·
Registered
53 Posts
jimmbob,

Pull the parking brake and see if it still squeaks. I found it was the rear brake pads that drag occasionally.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks otbiker. ... ill do it tonite on the way home.
So, just start pulling slowely while im going down the road?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've heard jingle bells coming from outside my van on rare occasion. I drag brake with left foot for 3 seconds. Cures it.

It sounds to me like you have suspension squeak reported on late 2013 built vans. I think guys sprayed bushings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Arch, at about 5000 miles my passenger side sliding door started rattling and squeaking like crazy. It seemed like it was coming from the front bottom corner. Everything seem to line up fine, I just thought it was something I was going to have to live with. When I went to the dealer for my 8000 mile oil change I threw the complaint in there as an afterthought, of those things they would never figure out and barely even look.

Well they didn't get to about a third of my other issues but amazingly they resolved that one. The shop guy came out and told me that the fitting just needed a little more grease in it. I didn't believe him and we both had a good joke about how that's all it need is a little grease to fix that. He said he didn't believe it either but that's what the mechanics are telling him.

Lo and behold I've got another thousand miles since then and it still doesn't rattle. There is a male fitting attached to the door on the bottom front quarter that they covered in grease. It's so quiet I can think to write posts now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arch, at about 5000 miles my passenger side sliding door started rattling and squeaking like crazy. It seemed like it was coming from the front bottom corner. Everything seem to line up fine, I just thought it was something I was going to have to live with. When I went to the dealer for my 8000 mile oil change I threw the complaint in there as an afterthought, of those things they would never figure out and barely even look.

Well they didn't get to about a third of my other issues but amazingly they resolved that one. The shop guy came out and told me that the fitting just needed a little more grease in it. I didn't believe him and we both had a good joke about how that's all it need is a little grease to fix that. He said he didn't believe it either but that's what the mechanics are telling him.

Lo and behold I've got another thousand miles since then and it still doesn't rattle. There is a male fitting attached to the door on the bottom front quarter that they covered in grease. It's so quiet I can think to write posts now.
Wow! Can you post a pic of that fitting? When I told my dealer about the noise he responded "they all do that"!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
too good not to share

Agreed, please post a photo of the greased fitting so we can share this with our dealers if/when we have the same issue. Fixes to minor annoyances like this can go a long way toward improving overall ProMaster satisfaction.

Note to forum moderator--perhaps there could be a special section on the forum to summarize solved issues like this. A go-to place to see if an issue is a common one and has a solution.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys, sorry I forgot to subscribe to this thread and forgot about posting here.

Don't laugh when you see the pic! All they did was grease up the insert point and the thing went from a rattle can to quiet. I still don't believe it and it's been 1500 miles.

I can only hope your rattles are the same easy solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting. My noise is coming from the top rear. Not sure if there is anything to grease there. I will check soon.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FIXED!
I applied a liberal amount of white lithium grease to almost all contact points on the doors. Latches locks and other thingys. I did not put any on the electrical contacts.
I am very pleased to say that this van is finally quiet.

I mean whisper soft Honda Accord quite.

I'm in love again.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys, sorry I forgot to subscribe to this thread and forgot about posting here.

Don't laugh when you see the pic! All they did was grease up the insert point and the thing went from a rattle can to quiet. I still don't believe it and it's been 1500 miles.

I can only hope your rattles are the same easy solution.
You were my inspiration. Even though my squeaks came from a different spot, your post inspired me to lube up the doors.

Fixed all my squeaking!

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
FIXED!
I applied a liberal amount of white lithium grease to almost all contact points on the doors. Latches locks and other thingys. I did not put any on the electrical contacts.
I am very pleased to say that this van is finally quiet.

I mean whisper soft Honda Accord quite.

I'm in love again.

Awesome! So stoked this worked for you!

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
My van is quiet except for the rear doors. The top latch is fine but the bottom latch clearly has some play in it. Has anyone had this adjusted at the dealer or have any other fix for this?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes.. the bottom latch is adjustable with a torx socket. Its slotted so you can loosen the 2 screws and move it towards the front of the van and side to side if you need to like i did. Mine was off sideways too. Easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts