Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAM Promaster High Roof WB 159" Sandstone Conversion
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this 'project' in July 2020 ordering a 2021 high top 159" 2500 Promaster direct from the factory. I didn't want white & the only 'dirt colored' one in the states was in CO & equipped with stuff I didn't want & not equipped with the things I did. The vehicle arrived in Portland in early Nov 2020 sitting on the dock there for a month before it was transferred to the dealer in Wenatchee, WA. I was lucky to have a weather window in Dec on the Cascade mountain passes. Sounded like an echoey tin can across highway 2 to Marysville.

I picked her up on May 1st in Marysville. Now she's all kitted out, new struts/suspension & drives like a dream. To say I'm pleased w/the conversion would be an understatement.

Conversion company: Jason Cole, TreeLine Vans in Marysville, WA. Treeline Vans | Marysville Van Conversions | Pacific Northwest Van Conversions

Now to sort out watts, volts, amps, filling & emptying water. The hardest thing so far has been adjusting the Lagun table. LOL.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
901 Posts
I see the same RV Labs drawer latches I have.
What's the long hard surface on top of the long bench? Or is that a weirdly shaped table in the foreground playing perspective tricks?

I don't see anywhere to cook :'(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see the same RV Labs drawer latches I have.
What's the long hard surface on top of the long bench? Or is that a weirdly shaped table in the foreground playing perspective tricks?

I don't see anywhere to cook :'(
Cooking? There is supposed to be cooking? ;-) There is an induction cook-top tucked in a drawer.

Yeah - the wide angle iPhone photo is playing some tricks on the perspective along the top of the Lagun table-top hovering over the bench. The Lagun table adjustment has been the trickiest item so far, but I'm getting the hang of it. But, truth be told, I'm a total newbie when it comes to RVing. I believe I need to create a pre-trip & post-trip check list.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks Great - Congratulations !!
Thank you! I'm pretty excited to getting used to all the systems & feeling confident in my abilities. Steep learning curve.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
291 Posts
Nice , liking the blacked out rims on Ramellda..... Btw...Rambolina here 🙂

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,839 Posts
Thank you! I'm pretty excited to getting used to all the systems & feeling confident in my abilities. Steep learning curve.
U R Welcome; The Steep curves are usually the faster ones to learn 👍. You will be fine.

When you get out there & if you want some ideas of camp spots “close by you” & also a little further here is a list of some places (most would be accessible by roads). This is a bit if a cut & paste & not all in WA or OR but here ya go;

Camping Airport Sites
Concrete
Alford Desert
Nehalem
Johnson Creek
Ranger Creek 21w
Orcas Island
Prosser
Grand Coulée Dam
Cavanaugh Bay
Sullivan Lake
Republic Ferry County R49
Bandera State
Tieton State (4S6)
Lake Wenatchee (27W)
Ranger Creek (21W)
Scappoose (SPB)
Copalis State (S16)
Prosser (S40)
Powers State 6S6
Madras, OR
Skykomish State (S88)
Wenatchee State (27W)
Prospect, Nehalem Bay State, or Waconda Beach State in Oregon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
U R Welcome; The Steep curves are usually the faster ones to learn 👍. You will be fine.

When you get out there & if you want some ideas of camp spots “close by you” & also a little further here is a list of some places (most would be accessible by roads). This is a bit if a cut & paste & not all in WA or OR but here ya go;

Camping Airport Sites
Concrete
Alford Desert
Nehalem
Johnson Creek
Ranger Creek 21w
Orcas Island
Prosser
Grand Coulée Dam
Cavanaugh Bay
Sullivan Lake
Republic Ferry County R49
Bandera State
Tieton State (4S6)
Lake Wenatchee (27W)
Ranger Creek (21W)
Scappoose (SPB)
Copalis State (S16)
Prosser (S40)
Powers State 6S6
Madras, OR
Skykomish State (S88)
Wenatchee State (27W)
Prospect, Nehalem Bay State, or Waconda Beach State in Oregon
Thank you so much for this list. I'm close to many of those places. I'm in north central eastern WA just south of Osoyoos. I can't wait 'til the border opens again. I miss visiting CA. I had two trips planned to Canada in 2020 - one in April to Vancouver Island for a photo workshop & another to Nunavut in Sept. Both were cancelled & rolled over to this year, but of course the Vancouver Island workshop was cancelled a 2nd time. :(Hoping the Nunavut one comes off - I need my aurora fix!!!! Love the northern climes best. Ten years in Alaska will do that to a person 😆

·
Registered
2020 159 HR
63 Posts
So my wife thought that we should call our van Ramona. By son (close to 16...) protested, saying that clearly it should be referred to as the Bromaster. To which she doubled down by mentioning that Ramona's last name was Vangina...

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,839 Posts
Thank you so much for this list. I'm close to many of those places. I'm in north central eastern WA just south of Osoyoos. I can't wait 'til the border opens again. I miss visiting CA. I had two trips planned to Canada in 2020 - one in April to Vancouver Island for a photo workshop & another to Nunavut in Sept. Both were cancelled & rolled over to this year, but of course the Vancouver Island workshop was cancelled a 2nd time. :(Hoping the Nunavut one comes off - I need my aurora fix!!!! Love the northern climes best. Ten years in Alaska will do that to a person 😆
Just South of Osoyoos eh?

I see ya down there to the left with your shinny new van 😁

They were shooting some movie down there mid April;

I guess you have walked across the lake @ Haynes Point?

Tomorrow, am heading back to our land near Summerland as I have lots of work to do there.

You live in a very beautiful place. We have done the best we can with the current situation & learned to appreciate the local beautiful areas. Still, we are also longing for trips afar. Hope we all get to travel to the places we are all wishing for soon !!

You got loads of beautiful places close by in the meantime.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just South of Osoyoos eh?

I see ya down there to the left with your shinny new van 😁

View attachment 74038

They were shooting some movie down there mid April;

View attachment 74039

I guess you have walked across the lake @ Haynes Point?

Tomorrow, am heading back to our land near Summerland as I have lots of work to do there.

You live in a very beautiful place. We have done the best we can with the current situation & learned to appreciate the local beautiful areas. Still, we are also longing for trips afar. Hope we all get to travel to the places we are all wishing for soon !!

You got loads of beautiful places close by in the meantime.
Indeed I do - I am grateful everyday that I get to live in this part of North America & try never to take it for granted. I took Ramellda on her first true maiden voyage to the Methow Valley for two nights. For the most part I had the campground I chose all to myself. Then they opened the North Cascades Highway 20 pass - this weekend will be nuts up there. I look forward to seeing those views again from the BC side!!! I live in Chelan - the equivalent of Penticton/Kelowna.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So my wife thought that we should call our van Ramona. By son (close to 16...) protested, saying that clearly it should be referred to as the Bromaster. To which she doubled down by mentioning that Ramona's last name was Vangina...
That is hilarious!!! Yours sounds like a fun household!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think we're gonna need a lot more pics & specs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations! Did you order from Town Chrysler Dodge in Wenatchee? I am in Alaska, but I am considering buying while in Washington this summer. On the fence about buying new though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congratulations! Did you order from Town Chrysler Dodge in Wenatchee? I am in Alaska, but I am considering buying while in Washington this summer. On the fence about buying new though.
Yes, I went through Town in Wenatchee. I worked with the fleet manager, Travis Solso. He was great to work with. I ordered exactly what I wanted from the factory. I started the process the end of July and it arrived early December. Travis was good at keeping me updated as the order progressed. Only glitch was it got stuck in Portland for a month until it could be transported to north central WA.

I lived in Alaska for 10 years, 9 of them in Fairbanks & short stints in Kotzebue, Sitka & Anchorage. I still miss it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts