Ram Promaster Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
2014 Silver 136" HT 2500 Gas conversion
68 Posts
@RamCares
Hi Callie
Already had a direct message conversation with you (11/10-11/15). You opened case 84649101 for me and my post here is based on the conversation I had with the case manager. It was a pretty horrid experience with "Return to stock and take to a different dealership" being the default answer to everything. I dont mind another conversation with a supervisor/manager of the team who is more knowledgeable about the van (the case manager I spoke to was not aware of anything about a Promaster).
Prakthad,
1) I would take @RamCares up on this offer and see if it goes anywhere other than what already happened. Sometimes when they know a number of people are watching what they do, their answers may change somewhat.

2) Is the dealer where you have been having these problems the same one where you bought it? Sometimes they treat their buyers differently than they do just anyone off of the street.

3) If this is the dealer that you bought it from and that keeps giving you the run around, please tell us which dealer it is so that we do not make the mistake ourselves of either buying a Promaster there, or using them for service!

· Banned
1 Posts
My sliding door is creaking especially when going over uneven surfaces (like entering a driveway). I took the van to the closest dealership (Los Angeles CDJR). They kept the van for 4 days and then the service rep calls me up and tells me they cannot diagnose the issue because I have added cheap aftermarket Amazon parts and I have voided the van warranty. To my absolute amazement, these parts he was referring to are the Amazon Sound deadening strips added to the floors and ceiling: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Sound-Deadener-14-5″-10-Piece/dp/B07XMF2V77. This explanation was so ridiculous that I didnt even bother discussing further. I opened a case with RamCares on this forum and the rep called me back. Their response is:
"
1. Dealerships are independently operated so we cannot control what they think has voided warranty
2. If you return the vehicle to stock i.e. remove stickers then we can recommend another dealer to you
"

Firstly, there is no way I am removing sound deadening from the entire van :) and there is no way the van is going back to stock either :). Even more concerning is the fact that RAM considers ANY modification to the vehicle as deviation from stock and warranty voided. This is really disappointing especially because thats literally this entire forum and every commercial van owner :). Not sure I even have any recourse here so wondering if other members here have had similar experiences and what action they took.
Moderator edited.

· Registered
2021 PM 159 HR - Los Angeles, CA
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ram doesn't seem to stand by their vehicles and customers in any practical way from this and the post about the Travado head problems on the other recent post (just out of warranty). It just isn't fair to consumers and makes me wonder if I should switch manufacturers on a new van.

These are good examples of why I have legal insurance. A couple letters or small claims court would get it all settled correctly, sad.

One thing to note, my sliders make terrible squeaking noise once the grease disappears from the little black pockets on the door frame and hook looking things on the door itself (maybe they are for door alignment). Cleaning and greasing all other parts and putting silicon on the gaskets is all important, but my issue is always those "alignment hooks" Just put some white lithium on those and try that first, it is sooo relieving. Then do the rest for good measure.

Good luck.
Sorry for the late response - finally did some traveling with the van (intended purpose :)). I tried the silicone lube on the gaskets and the lithium grease for the hook pockets. Has not helped. Will try adjusting the door alignment - saw a video somewhere where that helped.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Good to know that some dealerships will look at a built out van. Im going to try the tips that h1k3rb suggested and then take it to an independent shop.

Its not just the door though, the dealership will not look at any thing (might be an LA thing :)). My power mirror stopped working and they noticed that I had installed a Mopar Trailer Harness so immediately work was stopped and I was told I had voided warranty on any electrical work since I had installed the hitch. It didnt matter that the hitch and harness were OEM Mopar parts and that the harness has nothing to do with the power mirror. Or that the harness was there for 1 year before the mirror stopped working. This I really do have no recourse and will actually return to stock and take to another dealership since I need the folding mirror for street parking. Ive tested all the relays and fuses and cannot for the life of me figure out what could be causing it. Anyone know what "module" controls the power mirror? Might be easier to just order the Mopar module and check if that fixes it.
This one is currently my big issue - anyone have any idea if there is a separate module somewhere that controls the power mirrors? I tried replacing the Parking Sensor module and as expected that has resolved neither the power mirror nor the service assist warning.

· Registered
162 Posts
I have not heard back from @RamCares. Not sure if RAM really cares :(. Still waiting to talk to someone from RAM that understands these Promasters and what members on this forum are using them for.
Hey there,

We do apologize for the delay in conversation. Can you please send us a direct message? We are having a hard time locating our conversation.

Callie
Ram Cares

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hey there,

We do apologize for the delay in conversation. Can you please send us a direct message? We are having a hard time locating our conversation.

Callie
Ram Cares

Hi Callie (@RamCares) - I have messaged you again and pasted the whole conversation there. I would also suggest to go through this thread for context. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

· Registered
162 Posts
Hi Callie (@RamCares) - I have messaged you again and pasted the whole conversation there. I would also suggest to go through this thread for context. Looking forward to hearing from someone.
We appreciate you reaching out to us. We've received your message.

Callie
Ram Cares

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
We appreciate you reaching out to us. We've received your message.

Callie
Ram Cares
I feel like @RamCares is willfully yanking my chain now :). Here is the message I received on DM:
"We appreciate you providing all of this information. We've taken a look into your case and see that your case manager has closed this case as they were waiting for you to return vehicle to dealership. We recommend calling 1-866-726-4636 for further assistance."

To @RamCares: Can you please just go through this whole thread and provide an answer on the thread about what action you plan to take?

· Registered
87 Posts
Prakthad, maybe you can get someone to drive it while you listen for the sound to help identify the source? You can apply pressure, or pull a bit, onto the inside of the door to see if that changes it.

· Registered
2016 136 HT Gasser
441 Posts
FWIW, @prakthad, it appears to me that Ram Cares wants to have this conversation with you privately through DM or telephone conversation, not publicly in a forum thread. To the best of my recollection whenever someone snags their attention they ask for response through DM. I suspect that whatever cooperation/support they may be willing to offer you will only be accessed through private communication.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts