Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems they have updated the Ram Promaster site to include unavailability of the diesel and a few less options. I beginning to believe the folks at chrysler are in a perpetual Flustercuk.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just tried to build one with a diesel on the updated site (yes, it's quite a bit different), and was able to do so. It makes you "choose" the automated manual transmission (even though we know diesel & automated manual always go together), so maybe that's confusing.

I did notice the loss of certain options (e.g., back-up camera and park-assist, premium radio, etc.), but I assume that's just a hiccup while they transition to the new website layout. I'm sure those options aren't going away.

I like the new site layout; it gives you pictures of the options.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Funny the transmission pictures are identical. Otherwise I like the new site layout. Only thing I don't see is if 220 amp alternator is included with diesel. The option goes away if you select diesel.

And the van I would like still lists for $36,550 so part that sucks.

They should come up with some real packages with reduced prices for grouping content. The "packages" they have are more like options. Ala carte makes it difficult to find what you want on the lot. If you're going to charge me $495 for security, $395 for GPS, and $195 for Sirius, I'm not even going to consider the vehicle. If it's all part of an a luxury electronics package, and I'm getting a substantial discount for taking everything, I might be OK with it. Same for all the convenience stuff. Give us a discount for the lumbar seats, speed control, mirrors, steering wheel controls, and the items in the "interior convenience" package. Then you actually have a convenience package.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Chrysler/Ram folks definitely don't have everything figured out.

I beginning to believe the folks at chrysler are in a perpetual Flustercuk.
Maybe new updating their website will help? So far salesmen have been unable to tell if a Promaster, in another dealer's inventory, has windows in rear & side doors online.

Please post link to updated website. There's a slew of Ram ProMaster websites.

Somebody posted a link here that allowed you to search only the Chrysler/Ram dealers that actually sell Promaster. Thank you.

·
Registered
399 Posts
...Please post link to updated website...
It's just the regular ramtrucks.com website. Searching inventory gives me all the stock throughout my state. Only problem is it doesn't filter by any detailed selections. I shows all 1500 Promasters. You can sort by MSRP but if I want to see if there are any new loaded low roof, they are buried with the base high roofs.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't really need the website anymore, as mine's been on order since may. Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd check out the updates. I got half way through speccing a van like mine and the site wouldn't allow me to add any more options. The payment calculator hasn't allowed entering a loan duration for the last three months making it pretty much useless. They still haven't fixed that. You can't add an engine block heater anymore. Having this dysfunctional of a website presents a very poor first impression for anyone thinking of buying a PM.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The US site from what I can see has been down graded also it's for 2014 model year and they are only taking orders for 2015. The dealer I talked to said he will be able to order diesels at the end of the month that will most likely be the time the US site will be updated. I'm sure the dealer can put a quick order number in to hold a place in the build line and then update the options before the build date. July 9 2014 was the target start date for 2015 orders and Sept 2015 is the target start of build. On the Canadian site you can still option out you truck but it is for 2014 model years.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just checked out the Canadian Ram website. Didn't even realize they had a separate website, but it makes sense because the pricing is going to be slightly different. The site is much different from the U.S. version. Obviously most prices are slightly higher due to the exchange rate and other factors. But a few things struck me as strange. First if you're in Canada you get two extra key fobs included at no charge. In the U.S. we have to pay $125 for two additional fobs. In Canada remote start is included at no charge. In the U.S. it isn't even listed as an option on the website yet, although I have heard it is available to be ordered at a cost of around $400. You can get factory installed mud flaps in Canada for $100. I have heard they are available to be ordered in the U.S. now too, but they still aren't on the website. The trailer towing group doesn't appear to be available in Canada yet. In the U.S. it is $395. In Canada it costs $200 to add a security system. In the U.S. if we want the security system it'll cost a whopping $495. I'd like to hear the logical explanation for these differences.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The site is back to the old configuration.

RAM must have just been testing the new configuration, or realized the bugs it has (e.g., missing options), and switched back to the old site while they make repairs.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Remodeled PM website is back up again. Still has some quirks. No ability to add engine block heater, plywood cargo floor, and payment calculator still won't let you enter a loan duration. Overall once the bugs are worked out, the changes seem decent.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I love the photos showing what the options look like. Makes it easy to configure.

I noticed the lower body panels option, shows a photo of a van with upper and lower body panels. It looks nice with full panels. Too bad they don't yet show the price for that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looked at Ram PM website late last nite & it still proved mostly impossible for me to determine if 136" low roof 1500's any color but white, in dealer inventories, had windows in side & rear doors.

This problem has proven to be insurmountable even to Chrysler/Ram dealerships who sell PM's - except in some rare cases where stock photos are not used. Unless shown in pics or description the only way to find out is to try calling & ask about windows.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
...Click the print window sticker to make it pop-up for viewing.

Here is your dream van. Silver with windows...
Yea, to Ram's credit you can search all dealers within a radius. You can't do that on Ford's website. Color and price are visible without drilling in. I know a that a PM with all the stuff I'd want will run at least 33K MSRP. No need to look at the stickers of anything cheaper.

With the vehicle you site and many I've seen, I can't understand the logic of the people ordering them. It's a van with windows AND a cargo partition! I realize it has a window in it but it seems like a pretty small demographic of people who want windows and a cargo partition. For that matter, of the tiny percentage that aren't white, why would any of them have a partition? A partition seems like something best added at the dealer anyway. I assume they just bolt in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Dwight, that's a great help, although 2 of the first 3 tried said No Window Sticker Available! And then there's the disclaimer at bottom that says Actual Window Sticker May Be Different. Surprised the Ram sales people didn't relay that tip to me.

Unfortunately Cary, NC is well over 500 miles away.

Incidently this is the ProMaster link I used:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ram_promaster/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't really need the website anymore, as mine's been on order since may. Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd check out the updates. I got half way through speccing a van like mine and the site wouldn't allow me to add any more options. The payment calculator hasn't allowed entering a loan duration for the last three months making it pretty much useless. They still haven't fixed that. You can't add an engine block heater anymore. Having this dysfunctional of a website presents a very poor first impression for anyone thinking of buying a PM.
I ordered mine on June 20th. The Dealer said it would be in in four weeks since it is a sold vehicle. I called Aug 23rd to see when they will ship it and he said according to the website it is in "warehouse" status or something like that.still waiting. He said that he will get the rep to look into it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My 2500 159" took almost exactly three months to arrive. I've had it almost two weeks. Love it! Now I just have to get the interior shelving built and LED lighting wired. Don't love trying to work out of it with no inventory on board and tools laying on the floor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts