Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Last year, Chrysler confirmed that a Fiat Doblo-based RAM commercial van would be on its way to America, and according to recent trademark filings it appears that it will be called the RAM Promaster City.

The Doblo-based van will be the smaller of two new RAM vans, as the larger, front-wheel drive Promaster will be a rebadged Fiat Ducato. The addition of the Promaster models to the RAM lineup is undoubtedly to compete with the new Nissan NV200 and the Ford Transit.

The trademarks were filed back on September 10th and are on schedule to launch sometime next year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
About time we got some information like this on a smaller ProMaster. Now I wonder what price it will start at, should be much lower than the ProMaster we're now familiar with that are massive.

ProMaster City will be a great Ford Transit Connect competitor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
About time we got some information like this on a smaller ProMaster. Now I wonder what price it will start at, should be much lower than the ProMaster we're now familiar with that are massive.

ProMaster City will be a great Ford Transit Connect competitor.
promaster price for the regular bigger promasters is suppose to start around $26 000. going off of the promaster starting price of $26,000 chances are that the promaster city price will be around the low $20 000, maybe even right under $20 000.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My guess for the Promaster city would be under $20,000. Most likely sitting at around $18,000. Gauging from the look of the picture it looks really small. What purpose would this type and size of vehicle serve in north america?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My guess for the Promaster city would be under $20,000. Most likely sitting at around $18,000. Gauging from the look of the picture it looks really small. What purpose would this type and size of vehicle serve in north america?
It can serve many purposes, not every type of business will require non-promaster city promasters, some need smaller vehicles. A good example is the local postal service, a good number of them use smaller vehicles since what they have to deliver is small.

Who knows you may see your local city/town using these in their fleet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In europe this Promaster city is a Fiat Dublo which is a seven passenger seater. The reviews for it was really bad known to be jam pack and no legroom. Not sure how well this will do in the U.S. Americans like their space and when they need to budget they have their other domestic brands to turn to for the price.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It can serve many purposes, not every type of business will require non-promaster city promasters, some need smaller vehicles. A good example is the local postal service, a good number of them use smaller vehicles since what they have to deliver is small.

Who knows you may see your local city/town using these in their fleet.

The promaster city could be used as a post carrier but the cost would be too much even at $18-20k. Just look at what they are using now, very basic bare bones I don't think it even cost 15k.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah but if they are going to be purchasing they will be buying by the bunch "fleet" of course. So they could be working out a deal if the orders are high in numbers which would be beneficial for both the post and Dodge. Nothing like putting back money and giving back jobs to the U.S. to help with the economy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The promaster city could be used as a post carrier but the cost would be too much even at $18-20k. Just look at what they are using now, very basic bare bones I don't think it even cost 15k.
Yeah but if they are going to be purchasing they will be buying by the bunch "fleet" of course. So they could be working out a deal if the orders are high in numbers which would be beneficial for both the post and Dodge. Nothing like putting back money and giving back jobs to the U.S. to help with the economy.
They are purpose made vehicles, I doubt these Postal vehicles can be bought brand new by anyone, just like P71 Crown Victoria police interceptors and other police interceptors and any purpose made "service" vehicle it's only official agencies.

The Promaster could be a postal vehicle bought by USPS but it's probably going to be for those bigger items, not like you'll see these every day everywhere

·
Registered
100 Posts
just adding to this but the postal vehicle pictured above is very basic, more basic than your typical vehicle bought at a dealership and a promaster city would just be an overkill, plus they would need right hand drive versions. doubt that will ever happen for the U.S.

·
Registered
51 Posts
just adding to this but the postal vehicle pictured above is very basic, more basic than your typical vehicle bought at a dealership and a promaster city would just be an overkill, plus they would need right hand drive versions. doubt that will ever happen for the U.S.
I have seen the USPS mail delivery trucks with steering wheels on both sides. They just jump from one side to the other to be more efficient. Not sure if that is a common thing but I am sure it was a stock feature from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Vladamir
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing