Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Has anyone noticed how complicated the headlight is? Why are there so many reflectors? I also noticed that not all of the models have headlights that look like this. What is the deal?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Daytime running lights are listed as an option. Could that explain the difference in appearance between two vans you mentioned? I assumed that the daytime running lights were achieved by running the normal high-beams at 90% brightness (I know that some vehicle OEMs do this), but perhaps it's a dedicated element in the lamp cluster.

·
Registered
258 Posts
DRL's on mine are a separate bulb. I'm hoping to find replacement lamps with projectors so I can install hid's.

If anyone see's any online, please free to share. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like how complicated the headlights are, better than they were back in the days and likely far more functional to keep us safe on the road.

Would you guys ever look into altering the headlight setup?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Each one of these has its own bulb and its own reflector that is optimized for the specific function that it serves.
(1) Turn signal
(2) Daytime running lamp
(3) Low beam
(4) High beam

The one in the photo is not the ProMaster OEM but is presumably an optional or aftermarket replacement. Still has the same functions to serve.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This picture was probably taken from some early ProMaster marketing material. Such materials almost always have some fine-print to the effect of "pre-production vehicle shown; specifications and equipment subject to change."

This could explain why we see the European headlights together with the Ram grille. I've never seen a production ProMaster with these headlights.

·
Registered
238 Posts
so we'll get those, but put 100 watt 6000k lamps in them seeing as, HID's are pretty much impossible to adapt...the daytime running lights will be pink led's, oh and the lower valance lights are being switched out to pink also to match the dog...pics soon...btw, the headlights are less than 300 bucks delivered from the UK

·
Registered
1 Posts
headlight confusing - the manual does not tell you where the full beam and the low beam is located. i had a busted left low beam. i was confident i could replace it easily so i pop into o`reileys and bought a replacement bulb. to my amazement the new bulb did not light up! after tinkering with the light switch i found out that the low beam bulb is on the outer left of the headlight assembly and not the one closest to the hood. had to buy another bulb, since i did not use rubber gloves when i took out the "high beam" bulb. after the trial and error, i decided to take out the headlight assembly and click open the low beam clip and got my low beam working again. p.S. had to get my android to take photos of the bulb clips so i can remembeer how the position when puting it back. it is a lot easier to just take out the headlight assembly than to use your long arms to reach the low beam bulb clip. another hard lesson i learned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
indywebmaster
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing