Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any mpg reports from 118 owners? I'm thinking/hoping the 118 will do better than the high roof/longer wheelbase models.

I'll probably have to order a 2016 118, since the only Promasters around here are 136s and 159s. Still a few 2014 136s on the lots at deep discounts. If the mpg is the same, I'm tempted to grab one, though I'd really prefer the smaller van.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Any idea why no high roof 118? Would be ideal for our use.
It would be nearly as tall as it was long! Might have looked stubby!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any issues with rough riding? I test drove a 118, 136 low, 136 high. The118 was very bouncy and loud.

I previously owned a Sprinter 110, loved it, the ride was not nearly as stiff.

I'm wondering how the ride could be softened.

·
Registered
604 Posts
They are all loud. It's an empty metal box.

Ride? You can get the springs altered. They are two leafs, so there's some options there. I plan on having mine redone. I haven't talked to the local spring shop yet so done know about what it will cost.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, they are all louder than a car. We drove a 118 low followed by a 136 low, same outfitting, and the 136 was half as loud on the same section of road.

Maybe it's volume or having the axle 18" further back. The 118 was so loud that my wife said it was "too loud".

I know the axles can be re-arched, I was wondering if that changes ride height and ride quality, or just ride height.

Mine will never see a huge interior load, but I might load the hitch heavy.

I've got two deals cooking, a loaded 118 Diesel and a a mostly loaded 136 High Gas (dual sliding doors). If I go short, I'll be adding a poptop ($$$). If I go long and tall, we'll do a platform.

They are all loud. It's an empty metal box.

Ride? You can get the springs altered. They are two leafs, so there's some options there. I plan on having mine redone. I haven't talked to the local spring shop yet so done know about what it will cost.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I know the axles can be re-arched, I was wondering if that changes ride height and ride quality, or just ride height.
It all depends on what you want done. Ride height adjustment won't change the quality unless the work stiffens of softens the spring also. They can build anything you want if you have the $$$.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts