Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I test drove the PM a month & a half ago, I checked the tires to see what they were offering. They had Continental Vanco 4 Season tires. I've read some not so great reviews on them complaining of premature wear and a pretty noisy tire. I'm not super up to speed on what tires are/aren't good. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I always buy michelins ltx ms2's. They wear awesome and do excellent in rain and snow. I currently have close to 50k on mine and they still have over half tread. I keep em rotated every 6k tho.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Continental Vanco 4 Season tires, are they good for winter or would you guys recommend getting a set of real winter tires?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Having owned 2 Sprinters with the Conti Vancos, all I can recommend is when you do your deal, get those tires OFF your vehicle. Try to get the dealer to swap out with the Michelins recommended above.
All the RVers we know that have the Sprinter with the Contis, more than a dozen of them, were lucky to get 30k miles out of them, and had a lot of balancing issues over the short life of their tires, (we are one of those).
Most all replaced with the Michelins and rave about them as being so much quieter and longer wearing

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ditto. Michelin LTX is king.

I drove my new truck straight to the tire store and bought them. They gave me good money on trade for my new tires of another brand. I later heard the tire store sold them back to my dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts