Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler confirmed that a Fiat Doblo-based RAM commercial van would be on its way to America, the ProMaster Cit. Late last year, RAM Trucks trademarked ProMaster City, confirming any rumors and speculation on this smaller ProMaster model (RAM ProMaster City Trademark information below).

Now that we official know a ProMaster City will eventually go on-sale in North America, I think we need to discuss the following and anything else you want to add:

- Pricing
- Release Date/ On-Sale Date
- Specifications
- Towing Capacity
- Cargo Space
- Engine Options (Diesel? Gasoline?) & Drivetrain
- Transmission
- Gas Mileage/ Fuel Economy
- Fiat Doblo and RAM ProMaster Differences
- Exterior Design
- Colors
- Accessories
- Tires
- Competition
- & everything else

Fiat Doblo (Promaster CITY) Picture:

RAM ProMaster City Trademarked:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like that front end shot of the Fiat Doblo, it looks great. Seeing how the Fiat Ducato and RAM ProMaster design's are very close to eachother aside from things like a different front grille, we could end up seeing a RAM Promaster city that looks very much like a Fiat Doblo.

Already having faith in everything else about it, since the RAM ProMaster really impressed me with EVERYTHING you need to consider when getting a commercial vehicle. Pricing is my main concern, I wouldn't want to pay more than $20k for something like this. I'd like to see RAM Promaster city pricing start close to $20k.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Already having faith in everything else about it, since the RAM ProMaster really impressed me with EVERYTHING you need to consider when getting a commercial vehicle. Pricing is my main concern, I wouldn't want to pay more than $20k for something like this. I'd like to see RAM Promaster city pricing start close to $20k.
The 2014 Ram Promaster's starting price is $26,030. Mid 20s is about standard for most commercial/cargo vans. For less than 20k, you will have to buy a used van. And since this is this Promaster is in its first year, you will have to go with another model brand.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good luck with getting something else theres no way you get the Promaster for less than 20 or even 20k it self. Come on what is another 6-7k it will pay itself of after making those trips for your business.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good luck with getting something else theres no way you get the Promaster for less than 20 or even 20k it self. Come on what is another 6-7k it will pay itself of after making those trips for your business.
The Dodge Promaster City is a smaller economy line van. So my guess is that it might fall under $20,000 for the promaster city.

This Promaster variant would be good for none other than the city likes it name.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure how well this Promaster would do on the market since this segment is quite different. I think Chrysler should carefully evaluate how the market would take this segment in to consideration for every day use. A good size comparison with some of the vehicles in the U.S. would help too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The 2014 Ram Promaster's starting price is $26,030. Mid 20s is about standard for most commercial/cargo vans. For less than 20k, you will have to buy a used van. And since this is this Promaster is in its first year, you will have to go with another model brand.
Very true, a used vehicle would be the way to go for under mid 20's. But at that point you still have to pay monthly for it, so why not pay the extra, get a brand new vehicle, be worry free, get great gas mileage and have full warranty.

this just makes sense for any business.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a tough call, This promaster city is smaller than your average minivan in north america but the tallest out of the bunch. This segment has been proven great in other countries like thailand and brazil but in north america It will be hard to establish a good interest for this type of van. I'd say its a confusing segment if anything.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Going to be hard to see how successful this will be without seeing exactly how big it is.

If it's just a tad bigger than a minivan I'm not sure if there will be a market for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've read in an article where they compared it to a family van in North america, a toyota sienna and the Promaster city is small in width and length but the height is taller than the rest of the family vans sold including the Sienna.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts