Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ProMaster offers a cargo space of 5,145 lbs and when you properly and completely load it, it can deliver 5,100 lbs towing.

Do these numbers offer enough capacity for you? How does it compare to other vans of its segment?

·
Registered
386 Posts
It is enough for me. For some the towing might not be enough? Not too sure what you would be towing.

The cargo space is plenty good for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Promaster does serve up a nice amount of cargo space but i don't know about the towing. Not too many people would be using it for towing. i have seen it done in the past but not common thats forsure.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well you could consider towing just having a crap load of stuff in the back. Even still you should be fine unless you are carrying very dense materials in large amounts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It could serve as a two truck since the Promaster will be coming in different forms well wiht or without the rear cabin you could just turn the Promaster in to anything. Or you could make the Promaster a load trailer too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The dodge Promaster chassis cab would make a great towing vehicle good for using it as a flatbed towing vehicle for its load capacity. The cutaway and chassis cab could be turned in to anything. This would be strictly commercial though from the looks of it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The dodge Promaster chassis cab would make a great towing vehicle good for using it as a flatbed towing vehicle for its load capacity. The cutaway and chassis cab could be turned in to anything. This would be strictly commercial though from the looks of it.
it's good for towing depending on the country it's in and America is out of this one, our vehicles are just too wide to sit on a flatbed that is as narrow as the ProMaster. It may fit some sub-compact, compact and mid-sized sedans but not good for a wide range of vehicles.

In Europe, Japan, China, India....a ProMaster/Fiat Ducato flatbed would do well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the flat bed doesn't exactly have to be the same width as the vehicle towing. I have seen in the past with wider beds. It just depends on how much your really willing to pay because its not cheap to have one added on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
well here is a 2002 fiat ducato which has similar dimensions as the Dodge ram promaster towing a ferrari 355 berlinetta. Those things are wider than our average cars too. So it shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts