Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any comments on this OE Slush Mats? Fit? Finish? Smell? Quality? You can see them here:

http://moparonlineparts.com/promaster-weather-slush-mats-p-7145.html

I like the look of many of the other brands, Weather Tech etc., but I really need a good lip on the sides and ends to catch all the snow melt.

I'm also unsure of the bottom of these mats. Do they have the nibs that won't allow them to sit flat on the hard plastic surface of my OE floor?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I would assume that the mat featured in you link goes edge2edge and wedged between the front seats, so im guessing that it aint going anywhere.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got that mat. It comes with clips that replace some screw covers. These act as hooks to keep the mat from sliding around. There is no smell. Fits like a glove. However, notice the cutout to the left. It does not cover the dead pedal. Also, the mat stops at the pedals. You won't get the mat caught in the pedals a-la Toyotas explanation of a hung throttle pedals. Anything that drips in these uncovered area will go under the mat since the floor is angled. There is no huge lip to trip over as you go back and forth to the back of the van. You also don't have a big lip to catch a huge amount of melting slush.

I normally get Weather tech mats for my vehicles but thought the factory mat would work well with my intended use of the van. If I could have seen both mats side by side there is probably a good chance I would have gone with the weather tech at the similar price. I did get the factory mat for under $100.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It appears that Weather Tech does not and will not make mats for the 2017. I called them after not finding a listing for a 2017 Promaster. The CS rep said they don't make them and it doesn't appear that they will as they are not popular enough. So, I just ordered the Lloyds Rubbertite from good ole JC Whitney. I think MsN omer has the same ones. Should work fine. I remember one poster (can't remember who but he was a plumber) recommended a rolled up towel next to the driver's seat. Should work fine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts