Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have an idea as to what the wall material is for the lower sidewall paneling? It is a $195 option, so if it is moisture proof, and durable it is a good deal. If it is flimsy, then not so much.

Also, it looks like the frames have holes and knockouts all over the place to provide for more paneling. It would be nice if there was an option for full cargo bay sound deadening on the walls and roof.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am interested in removing the plastic panels that are in the cargo area of my PM so that I can add some thermal/audio insulation. There is quite a bit of information about thermal/audio insulation over in the Sprinter forums but I don't think Sprinters come with panels already installed. Like this:

[/URL]
[/IMG]

There are plastic buttons (about 3/4 inch wide) that hold the panels to the metal wall. I'd like to know how to remove these. If it requires destroying them, is there a source for new ones?
According to Zwarte, they are plastic. Maybe he will provide more info.

According to this post, the upper and lower side paneling option will be available on 5/1/2014. I think it is a $390 option for both.

http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

·
Registered
62 Posts
My van came with the lower panel option. They are a fairly hard plastic. Worth $195? Not sure.

If the plastic buttons come off it would be easy to insulate behind them.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
My van came with the lower panel option. They are a fairly hard plastic. Worth $195? Not sure.

If the plastic buttons come off it would be easy to insulate behind them.
I am not a mechanics, but I think that the panels are held by 8 mm plastic rivets that are not that hard to find. I ordered from Ebay this special tool to remove the existing rivets without damaging the panels:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/370989828397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Not sure what the tough plastic is on the lower sidewalls but I suspect it is FRP which is available lots of places (at Lowe's and Home Depot). I haven't investigated whether it would be possible to match the gray because I am happy with white for this use. (google frp)

The plastic rivets can be easily removed without damage with this tool:

Lisle 35260 Plastic Fastener Remover

The plastic rivets can be re-used.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Also as a tip, sometimes on area's of the interior that are soft which I worry might get damaged even with a tool like this, i wrap it with a paper towel, just to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Here's the tool I ordered on EBay:

google "Door Panel Trim Clip Removal Tool Pliers Domestic Foreign Heavy Duty FORGEMAX". It's also available on Amazon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lower Panels

Does anybody have part numbers for the Lower Panel Package . The dealership in Canada in my town does not have one. and i don't know where to order from . The panels are definitely worth the 185.00 ( labor and materials to make) Mine didn't have the option ??????? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
part number for lower side wall panels?

I'd love to get my hands on this part number too. I've been to two dealerships, and neither Parts guy could find the side wall panels in their catalogs. I see them in both the 2015 and 2016 RAM Promaster product brochures, however...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd love to get my hands on this part number too. I've been to two dealerships, and neither Parts guy could find the side wall panels in their catalogs. I see them in both the 2015 and 2016 RAM Promaster product brochures, however...
Gonna take a stab at reviving this old thread. I am try to source the lower side wall panels for my 2018. Anybody ever find a part # or website where they can be obtained?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts