Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone have direct experience using a Large Rak Attach on a Promaster? Some folks mentioned in a different thread that the Kuat prevented the rear doors from clearing without a drop, and I believe a Kuat is just a medium sized Rak Attach. Hoping someone has tried the large and can give a report. Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes I have the large Rak Attach swing arm on mine. The fit depends on which rear hitch receiver you have. I have the factory hitch and to make the door clear you have to grind down the pivot bolt to just clear the door. It's close but can be made to fit. If you search the forums I posted pictures in another thread about this topic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to rockymounts.com. They offer a heavy duty single piece rack that swings completely wide of the side of van with two bikes on it allowing you to completely open both doors. I have one on my Promaster and it works great. You never have to unload the bikes to open your doors. Will hold two heavy ebikes. Costs about $650

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to rockymounts.com. They offer a heavy duty single piece rack that swings completely wide of the side of van with two bikes on it allowing you to completely open both doors. I have one on my Promaster and it works great. You never have to unload the bikes to open your doors. Will hold two heavy ebikes. Costs about $650

1 - 4 of 4 Posts