Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found 2 wind deflectors for my 2017. Both are at Eurocampers. I'd like your opinion. I prefer to leave the front windows down a couple of inches when sleeping. I want these to keep the rain out.

The first one is a no brand name, light tinted gray, sticks on the outside of the window channel: $70.
The 2nd is Mopar brand (even though I can't find them at the Mopar site), dark tinted gray, sticks on the outside of the window channel: $70.

Probably just copies of each other but I'm not sure. Any others or options I should be aware of???

·
Registered
810 Posts
You can find some for the 14 and 15 that slip inside the window frame (non-stick'em).
They may fit your year.
Good luck

·
Registered
810 Posts
I did get the in-channel ones 2 years ago. They really slowed down the window movement alot.
Even tripped the circuit breaker on the passenger side a few times.
So, i took them out. Instead of sending them back, I cut off the down sections and just 3M double stick taped them to the outside above the window.
Been working great for past 2 years.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I would just go to chain autoparts stores and look for short straight ones thats long enough to span the window and stick them on. Unless you must have in channel. My In channel, did cover the vertical side, BUT with the window lowered enough to utilize the vertical gap, then the horizontal is down too far, and the rain comes in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess so, but for the life of me looking at the Ram website - I can't see a difference besides the backside of the mirrors. Some of the sales photos are the same from 2015. Might just be a need to update description on the part product description. One option would be to buy off Amazon and if it doesn't fit - return it.

Good luck.

Here are photos of it on my van.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
First question in the customer questions and answers:

Do you get a set of two (right/passenger & left/driver)?

Answer: You get one pair. A left/driver louver and a right/passenger louver. It comes with doublesided tape pre-applied and four mounting tabs (two per side) that allow you to further secure the louvers on each side. It is important to mount the louvers properly otherwise the mounting tabs will not be able to be used. The directions are somewhat vague.

By K. Piskin on March 26, 2016

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do these wind deflectors, increase, decrease, or have no effect on wind noise in the cab with the windows either open or closed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think I can answer the question abt noise. Just to be sure, I installed the Mopar brand, item #14034 on my 2017 about a year ago. I purchased these so that I could keep the window open during rain. I seldom drive at speed with the windows open or partially open. I did recently drive quite a bit on dirt roads with the windows open but noise wasn't an issue. So sorry I can't help.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bought some on Ebay , $59.99 shipped . Stick on door . Came packaged for a Peugeot . Fit perfect , but I was VERY careful with installation .
And no appreciable wind noise . Dang near silent compared to the old E-line's wind ROAR .
And the fact that you can drive at 70 + with the windows down , have a conversation , hear the Jitter Box and not have your 'Do mussed is one of the best feature of the PMs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bought some on Ebay , $59.99 shipped . Stick on door . Came packaged for a Peugeot . Fit perfect , but I was VERY careful with installation .
And no appreciable wind noise . Dang near silent compared to the old E-line's wind ROAR .
And the fact that you can drive at 70 + with the windows down , have a conversation , hear the Jitter Box and not have your 'Do mussed is one of the best feature of the PMs.

Happen to have a link handy?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts