Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run into this problem yet? It rained the other day when I had the back doors open and the water ran down the grooves in the roof, down the outermost groove beside the outside clearance lights, over the rain gutter, and into the interior. With the doors closed, the water runs down the door itself. I can already see the dirt trail down the surfaces of the door.

There's not much room under the camera and lights to add a bigger rain gutter so I'm at a loss of what to do. I work outside in all kinds of weather and I don't need any more water inside the van. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I just had a close look at this. I think you can add a slim bead of some sort or strip of
plastic ,siliconed on the top above the 4 lights and camera (on the roof itself ,you will not
see it)
Can you next time when its raining open the hood and see how the water is flowing from
the windshield. The water seems to go through the seam on the plastic bottom cover and
not in the drain it self, and pouring on the wire connectors to the right under the windsheild
wiper motor.
I am going to use some automotive seam sealer (black) to solve this .
This can be a future problem for PM owners!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about sealing up the groove so the water would run elsewhere but the problem is that the two grooves are the only was for water to get off the roof. I can imagine the first time I hit the brakes after it rains and have a waterfall cascading over my windshield! Maybe my best plan of attack would be to silicone a couple of diverters just beside the lights so the water will run sideways and down the side of the van. The factory rain gutter stops just at the edge of the door and lets the water run down the seals. I've already got problems with water pooling inside from the water entering at the bottom of the door seal.

I'm going to have to have a look under the hood at the windshield wiper connection. It doesn't take much to start corrosion on electrical wiring so it's important to get on top of that right away.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you next time when its raining open the hood and see how the water is flowing from
the windshield. The water seems to go through the seam on the plastic bottom cover and
not in the drain it self, and pouring on the wire connectors to the right under the windsheild
wiper motor.
I am going to use some automotive seam sealer (black) to solve this .
This can be a future problem for PM owners!!!
I've read about this on one of the Fiat Ducato forums. The leak around the bottom of the windshield is a common complaint. Supposedly this was one of the fixes that comes with the change of the revised cowl of the 2015 Ducato.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts