Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the Train Collectors of America TCA held their twice-a-year train meet in York, Pennsylvania. About 13,000 O gauge train guys & gals get together to meet, buy, sell, and compare notes on the hobby. My wife and I attended. The meet opens on Thursday at noon, so there's not much to do in the morning, (or the night before if you're camping at the fairgrounds).

A few weeks ago, I decided to build a new addition to the Promaster. Here's what I ended up with...

Yes, there are two running trains and a short trolley line. They run off AC, but will also run from my inverter.

The two boards under the layout (yes, it's 3/4" Oak plywood;)) are extended from my basement so the layout is cantilevered out the back, with no legs. The layout itself folds in half and stores in the basement, once the trains and buildings are removed. View from the porta potti...

It's 66" x 48" unfolded and about 3 1/4" thick when folded. I also set it up the night before because we were at the "campground", and not much is going on. The campground is actually designated areas inside the York Fairgrounds. I like this spot because it's level. Electricity and water (if needed) are supplied... $50 for 3 nights!

Lots of people stopped to look, listen and talk trains. It was about 50/50.... half the time we were talking trains, the rest of the time people were really interested in the Promaster!

I figured I'd share this with the forum... I HOPE IT'S NOT TOO MUCH OFF-TRACK!

Ed

Ps. probably should have set up the curtain in the evening, but no one seemed to notice :)

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
What a great post Ed! Now it’s going to be tough to top this. Perhaps a Mt Bike jump, or a portable Eye exam station? I could just put out my glass display case with the Leatherman tool collection when I go to the annual meet in Portland, OR. If there is one???

No need for the curtain until nature calls!

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Love it but aren't you afraid the trains will fly off the track when you drive over 30 mph? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts