Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Later this week I'll put in my swivel seats. I expect that radio ask me for code when I reconnect the battery. I've looked all over my documentation and I cannot find this. Where is the radio code written down?

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Yes when you got the van there should have been a small card in a small zip lock with a 4 digit code. Ask your dealer if it can be retrieved with the VIN. Mine was 2359. Since it is 4 digits you only have to try 10,000 times to get it.>:D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. The only thing I got remotely like that as a bag with a 2" x 4" card - attached to a key ring - that has a 2d bard code and long string of numbers. Nothing jumps out as being 4 digits. I'll ping the dealer for a hint.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
552 Posts
The card with the code was in a plastic bag in the storage compartment on the top right side of the dash.
Does anyone else think it is interesting that the dash storage is shaped perfectly for a wine bottle? The Italians and French have their priorities straight.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The card with the code was in a plastic bag in the storage compartment on the top right side of the dash.
Does anyone else think it is interesting that the dash storage is shaped perfectly for a wine bottle? The Italians and French have their priorities straight.
Eureka! Thanks. That is exactly where it was.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and for the record, my code is 1100.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thom,

When I unhooked the negative cable on my 2017 PM 2500 to install the seat swivels, my radio worked just fine afterwards and it didn't ask for a code. I've got the standard U-connect 5.0 radio.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thom,

When I unhooked the negative cable on my 2017 PM 2500 to install the seat swivels, my radio worked just fine afterwards and it didn't ask for a code. I've got the standard U-connect 5.0 radio.
That's good news. It makes me wonder how long the power can be off before you need it.

·
Super Moderator
10,853 Posts
I’ve had my battery disconnected for about an hour and never had to put the code in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have had my power disconnected for over 2 1/2 hours and no problems with my connect 5.0. It also corrected my avg mpg display that was saying I was getting 4.7 mpg and now is back to normal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Later this week I'll put in my swivel seats. I expect that radio ask me for code when I reconnect the battery. I've looked all over my documentation and I cannot find this. Where is the radio code written down?
I saw a YouTube video and the unlock code may also be on a sticker on the bottom of the radio (you'd have to pop the radio). Why it would be on the radio is unclear. One would think the radio locks when power is cut to discourage people from stealing it. But, in the video, it was there. So, I guess if they get the radio, they also get the unlock code!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ha! I had no idea that even opened. My code is 5000 even. Weird.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
552 Posts
Ha! I had no idea that even opened. My code is 5000 even. Weird.
I discovered that the dash compartment is somewhat insulated and cools when the air conditioning is running. Yes it is a chilled compartment/ wine frig.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got a base level unit for my 2017 1500 Powermaster, it is asking for a code. The previous radio did not ask for a code (no audio out also). I sent an email to the people I bought from. I wonder if the code is stored in the BCM or in the radio itself? I don't think entering the code from the old radio will help. But what the neck.

·
Super Moderator
10,853 Posts
a dealer can probably get you code but you may have to pay for it and prove ownership.

·
Registered
2018 2500 159-HR
215 Posts
I've had the battery disconnected on a UConnect3 for significant periods of time without needing to enter a code, but I guess YMMV. (Am about to pickup a spare head unit so someday I may find out the hard way). When I had locksmiths trying to program new key fobs, they were able read a 'PIN' from van - Lord only knows where I wrote that down. I wonder if it's the same?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The person I bought the head from responds that "they have no knowledge about how to make the radio work, but that it does work 100%". How do they know the radio works without giving me an unlock code? You should not be allowed (by ebay rules) to sell a locked up item without a code. I make an ebay customer complaint over this. I bet I win.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got a base level unit for my 2017 1500 Powermaster, it is asking for a code. The previous radio did not ask for a code (no audio out also). I sent an email to the people I bought from. I wonder if the code is stored in the BCM or in the radio itself? I don't think entering the code from the old radio will help. But what the neck.
Hi guys. I post to let others know. I was able to get my base radio that I purchased off of ebay unlocked. Turns out there is a sticker on the radio with a code, the code I needed,dooh. You enter the code using the first 4 radio presets and enter it pushing the volume button,works fine. Thanks to all. I will probably be asking other questions. The van is not mine it belongs to a friend that has a music store biz here in Tucson. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts