Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an aftermarket radio with carplay. Concerned with maintaining the settings such as the door lock settings on the replacement head unit. Crutchfield recommends the PAC RP4-CH21 but I was told none of the Uconnect features will carry over.

I've also seen the Metra XSVI-6524-BT recommended.

Does anyone have a proven wiring interface to maintain these features, backup camera, steering wheel remote, and also allow me to set the clock to prevent the flashing odometer issues? Hasn't been a post on this topic in some years, so wondering if anythings changed. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update anyone looking into this in the future. The maestro rr is the way to go as I was able to retain the factory settings and set the time to keep the odometer from flashing. SW controls work. Backup camera works. Had to run the new mic and usb connection (I may of been able to get an adapter and use the factory usb). Crutchfield doesn't officially support this, they need to update their info for this vehicle. Radio is a tight squeeze in the dash, and I'm used to asian cars where the radio usually screws in. This one you can just pull it out, no screws or even radio keys involved. Makes me slightly concerned with someone stealing it...

Also, front speakers are 5 1/4" and rear speakers are 4". I got a set of components to install up front and a decent set of speakers for the rear. I also installed a powered subwoofer under the seat. The run through the firewall was easy as there is a rubber gasket you can drill through near the brake pedal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just to update anyone looking into this in the future. The maestro rr is the way to go as I was able to retain the factory settings and set the time to keep the odometer from flashing. SW controls work. Backup camera works. Had to run the new mic and usb connection (I may of been able to get an adapter and use the factory usb). Crutchfield doesn't officially support this, they need to update their info for this vehicle. Radio is a tight squeeze in the dash, and I'm used to asian cars where the radio usually screws in. This one you can just pull it out, no screws or even radio keys involved. Makes me slightly concerned with someone stealing it...

Also, front speakers are 5 1/4" and rear speakers are 4". I got a set of components to install up front and a decent set of speakers for the rear. I also installed a powered subwoofer under the seat. The run through the firewall was easy as there is a rubber gasket you can drill through near the brake pedal.
Do you still have your factory radio and is it serious ready if you do I’m interested in buying it.
Norm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If a 2020 factory radio comes with it then yes, not sure you will have to check for yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know it as fact but I think the button below the radio will tell you if if had nav. Compass button = no nav (educated guess)

I am wanting to replace my factory radio and the RR looks like a good option. Did you also get OBDII interfacing with your system? That appears to be a very interesting option. I think a compatible head unit is required.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know it as fact but I think the button below the radio will tell you if if had nav. Compass button = no nav (educated guess)

I am wanting to replace my factory radio and the RR looks like a good option. Did you also get OBDII interfacing with your system? That appears to be a very interesting option. I think a compatible head unit is required.
The question was if it had satellite radio. It doesn't have Nav.

Yes my pioneer head unit provides an interface for OBDII data and tire pressure, pretty cool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure who I mixed up the nav vs sat question but it seems clear when I re-read.

Good news on the radio and Meastro. Since I bought a sub $20 bluetooth OBD interface I have wondered why car manufacturers don't make more of that info available. Though I may already know the answer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts