Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much about this truck I love and so much I hate (mainly the inability to get the doors locked with the key in the ignition while I have the second key in my pocket) and then there are the surprises.

Never saw it in the manual but found out on this forum I could push the radio button when the key was removed and the radio would play. Mind you, the controls on the steering wheel don't work (something else I hate), but the radio will play.

This morning I was sitting waiting for a place to open and had the key in my pocket and pushed the radio button to stem the boredom when a friend walked up to the door and without thinking I toggled the window control down and the window went down. Turned the radio off so we could talk and when they walked away tried to close the window and it wouldn't move. Reached for the key in the ignition and realized I had gotten the window to go down without the key in the ignition. So, what was going on.. What had been different than all the other times I had tried to open/close a window without the key in the ignition? The radio was on. So, left the key in my pocket, pushed the radio button and viola!! The windows worked. Something else to love?

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
That's not what happens in my van. The Windows will go up for a very short time after the ignition is shut off I know but having the radio on or off has no effect in my van at all.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,650 Posts
This morning I was sitting waiting for a place to open and had the key in my pocket and pushed the radio button to stem the boredom when a friend walked up to the door and without thinking I toggled the window control down and the window went down.

When you turn off the van and remove the key, the radio AND windows are operable for a fixed amount of time, about 10-15 minutes. They call it "delayed accessory off" (or something like that)

Turned the radio off so we could talk and when they walked away tried to close the window and it wouldn't move.

You "timed out" the delay

After that timeout, when you push the radio button. it will play for about 10-15 minutes and then go off again. You can do this whenever you want. Makes for a nice sleep timer at nite!

Not sure there is a way to get the windows to "revive" after the timeout.

Ed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you turn off the van and remove the key, the radio AND windows are operable for a fixed amount of time, about 10-15 minutes. They call it "delayed accessory off" (or something like that)

After that timeout, when you push the radio button. it will play for about 10-15 minutes and then go off again. You can do this whenever you want. Makes for a nice sleep timer at nite!

Not sure there is a way to get the windows to "revive" after the timeout.

Ed
Humnn,
After reading the replies I did some experimentation.
Went out and simply pushed the radio button, it came on but the windows didn't work. I already know the radio will play for 20 minutes.
Started the van and then shut it off and immediately pushed the radio to get it playing again. (My radio goes off as soon as the key is turned off) then started a timer and ran the windows up and down. The radio kept playing but the windows stopped at 3 minutes.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I can STILL exit the van.. via the rear door...and use my second key to manually lock that same rear door.. all with the main key in the ignition and running or not.. All doors locked too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts