Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out yesterday that I have to get my radiator replaced. They say it leaking from the top. Problem is they called around & even to Chrysler & no one has one. I called Chrysler & they said they are having problems with them all leaking around the same area. They called the dealership & told them how to order one. I had to go back & get the harness for the license plate light replced, they said they order the radiator but still have no idea when they'll get. It's ok right now because it's not losing much fluid, but once it starts to warm up I could be in trouble. 2014 3500 extended. Just thought I'd pass info along.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Same song and dance here. I didn't think a pinhole leak was a big issue but my dealer had mentioned that they had one let loose and render the truck unless until a new radiator can be installed. The dealers can't even get the old ones. If that happens to me I will lose my ****.

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Other posters have been given the fluid to top it up as "normal" antifreeze is incomparable. Ask the dealer for some and check it regularly JIK.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I bought a jug from the dealership. I expedite so if I end up in texas, Florida, Arizona or California I'm gonna have to keep an eagle eye on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My "new" radiator took six weeks to show up. It will be installed next week. I have replaced about 1/2 gallon of antifreeze in 44k miles so far, no big deal realy except for the smell, no visable leaks....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dealership just called, radiator & parts in. Get it done next week. Only took 8 days. They must be turning them out.

·
Registered
963 Posts
If your dealership has a new rad, that means mine might be getting one soon. I've been on the backordered wait for about 4 weeks now.

For what it's worth, I have found that my coolant loss is slightly LESS in warm weather. Not that we've had enough warm weather yet to draw a solid conclusion. But I've been monitoring my rate-of-loss of coolant since new, and it's holding steady. I would say that as long as you pop the hood and glance at the level every 2nd or 3rd fillup, you can put fears of a blowout and overheat to rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts