Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thought I had escaped the dreaded radiator leak issue- not! Cleaning up van yesterday noticed a large puddle/staining in concrete driveway under driver side bottom edge of radiator took pics guess I am calling dealer tomorrow with the news. What concerns me, is sometimes white smoke coming out of tailpipe? Getting hot here in Texas can't afford overheating/low coolant issues!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dealer just ordered for me as well.. yeah seems to be a big issue with most a lot of the vehicles out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep, radiators and the "customer service" really suck. I had a radiator go out at 18,000 miles but off the time limit warranty. Absolutely no credible response, not even polite response, to my quires. $800 seems steep, especially if it is every 18,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Check for an aftermarket one. I had a similar problem with my old Sprinter and got one for under $200 when the dealer wanted some outrageous price for it. Pretty simple job to install it yourself.

·
Registered
445 Posts
There should really be a recall or TSB on these rads. It's ridiculous these things need to be replaced so soon. Mine was 6 months out of warranty!

·
Registered
325 Posts
There was a bad batch of radiators in 2014. Covered by TSB if within the manufacturing date ranges.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My 14 had a weepy radiator. Got it replaced after a few months. No coolant issues since then. Had it four years now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts