Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my van from a Seattle, Washington dealer and the break in trip was a drive back to Minnesota. This is van I started with......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first order of business was to tint the windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curious, why a Seattle dealer? A function of having the vehicle you wanted or other reason? And would you recommend the dealer you used (being near Seattle myself)?

Looking forward to seeing your build. If I pursue a promaster project, it will be a 136 low roof.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autonation in Seattle had the dual slider and they answered my emails. Most dealers don't. I dealt with two guys their and would from them again.
I would have ordered one local but I kept being ignored via email. Todd

·
Registered
253 Posts
Todd,

Did you leave the trim on the van for painting or was it removed? We just took all the plastic off of mine. It got primed today and Tim will be working on sanding it all out this week. We found out the 140 clips required to re-install the trim were about $450.00. Wasn't counting on that. Tim is now searching for an aftermarket equivalent that will be reasonable.

Pete

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete,

They painted the sides on and all the front off. Please let me know if you find cheaper clips. I'm thinking I might have take mine off too. Todd.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Check for proper fit but they all look the same. I searched Ducato 2537 one site had a fitment chart can't find now though.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CITROEN-van-TYPE-SIDE-MOULDING-TRIM-CLIPS-X-100-EQV-856543-/300696658722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4602eae322#shpCntId
Thanks for the heads up. This was a better price than Tim was going to be able to get from his aftermarket clip supplier. I ordered 200 for about $55 US with shipping from the UK. Much more reasonable than Chrysler's $450.00.

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
Be careful - that listing says for '01 to '06 the Promaster is based on '06 to '14 in Europe. It's most likely possible they are the same clips but for $55 you want to be sure! I'm assuming your clips look the same as the ones in the listing but it wouldn't hurt to double check with the seller.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,377 Posts
Be careful - that listing says for '01 to '06 the Promaster is based on '06 to '14 in Europe. It's most likely possible they are the same clips but for $55 you want to be sure! I'm assuming your clips look the same as the ones in the listing but it wouldn't hurt to double check with the seller.
You can check the compatibility of the clip here there are 17 pages. I'm sure Pete knows what he needs.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Fiat-Ducato-Exterior-Side-Moulding-Rub-Bumpstrip-Lower-Door-Trim-Clips-/290734657610#vi-ilComp

·
Registered
253 Posts
They look like an exact match. The dimensions appear to be the same. Some of the vendors list the same part as to present. I'll roll the dice.

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
You should be good to go then! Congrats on beating the system, $55 is a lot better than $450! How do these thieves get away with this stuff?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
After tinting the windows I removed all the Promaster logos.

I like the clean look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's it all cleaned up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
OK that looks so good I gotta know how easy it was and how you did it and what tools/chemicals were used.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
This might solve my manly insecurity issue about buying a 1500 instead of buying a more plumber like 2500. I am so relieved! No one is going to see the tiny difference in the springs so I can just think I've got a 2500 and I saved $1000. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts