Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in process of installing one of there quick ship kits with the fast track install.

On the driver side front half of cargo area there is no hex holes to put in the rivnuts and the rivnuts do not fit in the holes do you drill them out or use different type of bolt?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have just installed a Ranger shelving/rack system and ran into the same issue. As you've noticed, the instructions are not exactly user friendly.

Those "rivnuts" as you call them are actually called plusnuts. They require a special tool that "squashes" them in the factory holes called a plus nut setter.

You dont need this tool. Here is what I did...

Get a long 1/4" bolt from somewhere - something like a 2 incher. It obviously needs to thread into the plusnut. Stack about a half an inch worth of washers on the 1/4" bolt and then thread it into the plusnut until it binds up.

Now get a pair of vicegrips and lock it onto those washers very tightly and then put the plusnut into the factory hole you're going to use.

**with an impact drill and the proper fitting socket just give it a go and it will compress the plusnut properly. Once it's compressed properly, unscrew the long 1/4" bolt and the washers and you're all set to start putting up your track system. Repeat on all other holes.

It sounds like a pain in the @ss, but it's really not. I figured this out and managed to get my entire track system in place in less than 30 minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts