Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for the last couple weeks. I have been a Ford Econoline owner for about the last 28 years or so. My current 2002 E250 has served me well, only one minor electrical short in the steering column that cost me under $600 to repair since I purchased it new. Still very low miles, under 75K since I work most jobs (contractor) very close to home. I was getting tired of having to unload and reload my tools and supplies almost daily because of the lack of space. I was planning on purchasing a new Transit 250 but was real disappointed to find that the low roof model was the same height as my current van and that the mid roof model was too tall to fit under my 8' garage door. Not to mention the front end looks ugly to me.

I never cared for or ever thought I would buy a Dodge/Chrysler as my memories of the brand from 20 years ago was that they were junk. I think the companies have gone through many changes in the last decade and now produce decent vehicles, especially trucks. When I learned that the Promaster low roof was 90" high, the floor was about 6" lower, and much wider, especially at the wheel wells, I was swayed.

I'm not going to pick it up until next week sometime as it's about a 3 1/2 hr drive and have to find the time and someone to drive me. The dealer has been awesome so far and said he will have the upfitter he uses call me tomorrow to discuss shelving and partition options and will tell him to give me his dealer pricing, We'll see. I'm looking for a partition that start/sits on the upper part of the cab area, not down on the lower cargo area, then slopes backward to allow the seat to go all the way back. Also has to have a sliding or hinged door for access. Any leads? Hello and thanks, Jerry

ps. will post vehicle search process and price paid in price paid section.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want to start a new thread detailing my build but my browser is not showing a "new thread button/link. I thought I might have to complete my bio information and complete my registration set up but that didn't help. Do I have to be more that a Junior Member?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will detail that information when I figure out how to start a new thread in the appropriate section.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I will detail that information when I figure out how to start a new thread in the appropriate section.
Go to Ram PM General Discussion under the "Forums" heading. Choose submenu "New 2014 Promaster Discussion Forum." There's a button to click on to start a new thread. One of the many things on here that was set up by high school programming students.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts