Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a source for these here in the USA?

Something like this or fancier?

This one's from Outside Vans. I'm waiting to hear from them if they will sell them or anything like it without buying a whole van.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I`m in the process of making one very similar to that. I will post pics as soon as we get it fitted. It will require you to drill holes thru the plastic bumper cover & steel bumper behind it. We can also powder coat it any color you would like. Are also doing a rear bumper & hidden hitch.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I`m in the process of making one very similar to that. I will post pics as soon as we get it fitted. It will require you to drill holes thru the plastic bumper cover & steel bumper behind it. We can also powder coat it any color you would like. Are also doing a rear bumper & hidden hitch.
Great look forward to it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Along with the front guard (push bar) is it also possible to include a front receiver, that could be used to attach a portable winch?

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is one.
http://www.promasteraccessories.com/steps.htm#and:32place

I really like the Big Tube bullbar ECB builds for the Ducato. Maybe it would work on the Promaster, I am going to check should I get a Promaster (still looking).
Shipping to the US would cost some, still worth it to me. On the roads I travel, one thing that can really mess the day up....Deer.
http://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?Make=38&Model=187&variant=961&SEARCH2.x=37&SEARCH2.y=13
Huh, I'v looked at www.promasteraccessories.com and never noticed that before. But then it's under their "steps" and I don't look at them. It's not bad but would like something that is more tailoted to the PM. that looks sort of universal.

That Big Tube bumper looks pretty sturdy!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard back from Outside Vans on their bumper products. They have nothing for sale for PM's at this time. Too bad they have some nice products for sprinters

·
Registered
58 Posts
Along with the front guard (push bar) is it also possible to include a front receiver, that could be used to attach a portable winch?
We`ve been thinking about incorporating a plate to bolt a winch to. The concern we've had about welding a stinger on it is, if someone put a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier on it, would it be able to safely support it? OSV has done it with Sprinters but they are using a class 3 hitch & that would be very difficult to do with the Promaster. Were making ours out of chromoly tubing to keep the weight down and are going to be a little more substantial than a single tube across the ft.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks fairly simple to fabricate. You are lucky OutsideVans does not sell it yet. Their prices are totally ridiculous.
Thats for sure..If you look at the ft. bumper they make for the Sprinter, thats a $1900.00 option. I have a friend that has a OSV & have been able to have a close look at one, they are well paid for what they do.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks fairly simple to fabricate. You are lucky OutsideVans does not sell it yet. Their prices are totally ridiculous.
Figured that but you never know til ya check. An email is free... As would the gasp be when they quoted a price... :eek:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm surprised we haven't seen a lot of ex OutsideVan employees start companies to compete. What skills do you need other than simple hand tools. The parts they use are easily sourced. Do they even use CAD?

Not complicated I agree. Simple hand tools, not so much?

Bending thick walled pipe needs more than a hand bender. Forming brackets takes another machine, a press. Unless you design it to bolt together you'll need a welder. Finish usually is powder-coat these days. Probably send it out for that unless you do a lot of it, then someone would invest in their own set-up?

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can get one built or have it brought to market here:

http://torkliftcentral.com/welding_all_types.php

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have always had a brush guard on my vans until the PM. Never hit a deer. Hit one couple weeks ago with PM I miss my brush guard. Bent up rt front corner gonna cost about 600 for parts. Glad the front end is in segments.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gonna bump this...

Anyone find a front brush guard/nudge bar/bull bar other than whats been mentioned here?

Still lookin, :nerd:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've wondered if the push bars for the Ducato would fit the Promaster. There are dozens of choices out there for the Ducato, ranging from full on MadMax level protection to less protection but a great light bar mount.

My favorite two are from Romania and Sweden. This is the light bar mount from Sweden. http://www.oljebaren.se/en/bull-bars/qpax/fiat/ducato-07/q-light-fiat-ducato-07-11-for-3pc-lights

And this is the best looking bull bar for the Promaster in my opinion.

But if you want the ultimate protection, get this….

1 - 20 of 33 Posts