Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On March 20 I ordered a 2015 Sandstone Metallic ProMaster 1500 High Top, 136" WB Diesel and a few options (speed control, passenger connivance, up-fit connector, rear outlet, lumbar seats). I called about a week later to confirm the order and my dealer has a production date of June 12. 84 days to production! 12 weeks, wow! Now I am waiting. When should I expect a VIN and does FCA send it to me at the email address I gave when I ordered?

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got to love the conniving passenger option :)
Ah yes... Makes one wonder what wrongdoing I have in mind? I hate it when my computer spells and uses words most of us would never use! No CONVENIENCE I guess!

When will I get the VIN? Is that next? I got loan approval for 2.45% from a credit union as I was expecting the rates to go up and locking in now seemed like a good idea. No hassle and quick approval. I need the VIN to check it's build progress on Ram's site.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Your dealer will be you communications link on your van. They should be able to tell you where it's at in the process.
After it leaves the plant in Mexico, it's anybody's guess from there....

·
Registered
253 Posts
I gave my dealer my email address and I never got any communication from the factory through the whole 3 month wait. At the end of the process I asked why and the dealer said they entered the email address wrong when placing the order. The dealer was able to check the status whenever I called them though.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chrysler Ram has a Vehicle Order Tracking System and a few days ago I went to the webpage. It asked for my last name and VIN or VON (vehicle order number) to check on the status of my ordered van. I contacted my dealer and got both numbers. When I tried to get on the VOTS webpage it now redirects me to a useless Ram truck page! What gives? Any one make this work? The web page for the VOTS is: https://www.ramtrucks.com/chrysler/vots/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts