Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about pulling a 18' car hauler trailer with a 4400 pound 1970 Buick convertible 1000 miles.
I have a 2015 Promaster 2500 high top 159" wb with v-6 motor.
Is this capable of pulling this or is it not recommended. Also do I use the tow mode entire time? There will be about 500 pounds in Van also besides myself and wife.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Capable? Probably.

Over the stated tow limits? Probably. Unless its a superlight aluminum trailer, which is doubtful if its carrying a 1970 Buick. IIRC, the tow capacity for PMs is 5000#.

Now, you can probably go over this a bit and not have any short term problems. But don't say I told ya to do it. ;)

And yeah, IMO, I would use the Tow/Haul mode all the time with a load like that.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
That Buick weighs 4400 lbs. The trailer probably weighs 1800 lbs. That is 6,200 lbs., about 1200 lbs. over the tow limit for this van. The trailer has brakes. If the trip is over Wolf Creek pass or some other mountain roads I'd say no. I have hauled this much over my F150's limit (5.4 liter, auto, 4wd). I got there, it was less than fun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
diesel tows great

I towed my daughters volvo 3500lb trailer is 1700lb with my 118 diesel with tow haul button on.Tows awesome didnt miss the trailer brakes like I thought I would.This van will be towing 3700lb most of it's towing time performed great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts