Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very excited about a rack I had made for the van. Took me quite a while to design but after our first maiden voyage with her, it was worth it. Box rotates up to provide access to the full deck, "oldman stick" rotates up to assist with roof to ladder transition, and of coarse have to have the flag pole mount. Still need to install vent and solar panels upfront.

After shopping around here in Minnesota and then seeing the rack that OrangeBox had had made in Florida, I had the same guy do mine. HIGHLY recommend this guy. Super easy to work with, great quality work and very reasonable. He offered powder coating but I decided to bedliner it myself instead.

Main Made Studios
207a 20th street, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
www.mainmadestudios.com

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.

I too take a ton of photos. The perch up high is a great angle on the world. Also makes a great launch/land for the drone when the ground is too sandy/dusty.

We like the windows to be able to see out while standing, and to see sky when laying on the bed.

It's a slow process but slowly it's coming together.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah Aluminess is going gang busters. Good for them. I talked to them and they would do custom but it would be quite awhile before they could get to it. Their pricing was a lot more expensive as well. I'm really happy with the work that Dave Main did. It was quick too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How backed up are they? I had kind of decided that I'm just going to build it myself, with the help of a welder) but if they're cheaper and faster than Alumness then I might just have it built.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know his current load. He was able to take mine in very quickly and helped me get it together for a trip I was taking. Really good guy. Give him a call.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice van! I really like how you have it set-up. Main Made is about 15 minutes from my house...thanks for the info. I'm not an owner yet, but nice to know he is close by when I make the move. Who built your ladder, and who make the windows?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey I missed this reply. Sorry bout that.
David made the ladder as well. Would pull it out a bit more if I was to do it again. Toes hit the door if you're not careful.

Got the windows from Motion Windows. They are just tempered glass with a rubber weather seal. Love being able to see out when standing up inside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where did you get the upper windows? Just ordered our sliders. Looks like you are a kite boarder? I'm an Ozone guy (foils on snow) but love riding slingshots on water, we have way to much winter up here in Montana! The skiing is still good up high!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts