Ram Promaster Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Quick note we're having a black friday sale on our water tanks. 15% off site wide.. use the code FRIYAY15 at checkout.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
602 Posts
@Curious Campervans any word on the 40 gallon tanks?
Looking forward to getting a water system installed, but I also have a lot of other stuff to do in the meantime - planning, propane, fridge cabinet, etc.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
602 Posts
Just spoke with our manufacturer last week and looks like we won't have a sample for that tank until the new year unfortunately.
And then what, another month by the time you'd get production and shipping?

Might go with Northwest Conversions, but it's a bit smaller and needs to be raised 3.5" to fit over the wheel well. I'll work on the toilet and propane/heat in the meantime. Or... put one above the wheel well and have some storage underneath.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
And then what, another month by the time you'd get production and shipping?

Might go with Northwest Conversions, but it's a bit smaller and needs to be raised 3.5" to fit over the wheel well. I'll work on the toilet and propane/heat in the meantime. Or... put one above the wheel well and have some storage underneath.
Yes likely another 4-6 weeks unfortunately.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
We're having another sale on tanks today as it's boxing day in Canada. 15% off for using the code BOX15 at checkout. Applies to any US purchases as well.

·
Registered
2018 promaster 3500
19 Posts
Can u ship to US? Pictures seem to not account for subfloor? Looking for 30 gallons or more..do you have larger sizes or do recommend a pair?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Can u ship to US? Pictures seem to not account for subfloor? Looking for 30 gallons or more..do you have larger sizes or do recommend a pair?
Yes we ship to the US. Shipping will be calculated on checkout. Here's the link. We currently on have the 22 gallon tanks.. waiting on our prototype for our 36-40 gallon tank but still haven't received it from the tank manufacturers yet.

We designed the tanks so they would fit snug with no subfloor. Adding subfloor will raise the tank by whatever thickness but the allows room for insulation and sound deadening on the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
2014 - 136 - High Roof - Oakland CA
12 Posts
Thinking of spending the dough for this or getting generically shaped well... Any coupon codes to entice me, @Curious Campervans ?
Had to ask :)
Thanks!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love this tank so far. Curious to anyone who's used it - does it have any insulating value when full? I always assumed so, but figured I'd ask. The reason being I am going to design some sort of cover for it (one side of the wheel well is still exposed, producing road noise) and unsure whether or not to insulate.

Edit... just glancing in there, there is a decent gap between the well and the tank. Might end up just shoving some leftover stuff in there and calling it a day. if anyone has ideas, LMK

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thinking of spending the dough for this or getting generically shaped well... Any coupon codes to entice me, @Curious Campervans ?
Had to ask :)
Thanks!!
Love this tank so far. Curious to anyone who's used it - does it have any insulating value when full? I always assumed so, but figured I'd ask. The reason being I am going to design some sort of cover for it (one side of the wheel well is still exposed, producing road noise) and unsure whether or not to insulate.

Edit... just glancing in there, there is a decent gap between the well and the tank. Might end up just shoving some leftover stuff in there and calling it a day. if anyone has ideas, LMK
i lined the inside of the wheel bump of my tank with thinsulate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #114

Ya your floor height will dictate how much room is to insulate underneath the tank. Our floor height usually ends up being 1-1.5" above the bare metal which allows for a nice gap to stuff with thinsulate.

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT
2,399 Posts
Ya your floor height will dictate how much room is to insulate underneath the tank. Our floor height usually ends up being 1-1.5" above the bare metal which allows for a nice gap to stuff with thinsulate.
Whatever the “build floor thickness” works out to, I would think it would be easy to add polyiso board with HVAC foil tape to the tank & then position that over the wheel well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
I am interested in getting a wheel well tank. Please let me know what company it is. Thank you.

Our Promaster build was put on hold when a client came to us to convert his Sprinter. During this time we came across water tanks that fit snugly around the wheel wells for Sprinters and Transits. These not only save under counter space where our water tanks/jugs usually go, but also make the awkward wheel wells easier to build around.

Here are the examples of the Sprinter/Transit ones:
nwconversions, Titan Vans

Unfortunately nothing specifically was available for the Promaster (as the wheel wells are considerable larger). So we did some 3D design work, created a cardboard prototype and found a local company to make a mold for us. A few weeks later we had got our first tank, added some fittings and the fit was pretty much perfect! There's even some space for soundproof and insulation. The tanks are 22 US gallons in volume and the footprint is 41 1/2" L x 13" W x 18 5/8" H

View attachment 62631 View attachment 62632

View attachment 62633 View attachment 62634

Our plan is to sell this tank on our website, but first we want some feedback from actual Promaster builders so we can optimize the design. The Sprinter/Transit companies are selling these for $300-$400 per tank. We have 5 of them available for $175 each + shipping. I can place custom fittings anywhere that's convenient for you. If interested send me a PM.

Note* The tank sits rear of wheel well on the passenger side and in front of wheel well on the driver side.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

View attachment 62635 View attachment 62636
View attachment 62637 View attachment 62638

View attachment 62639

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Checking in. Any word on large tank timing?
Ugh we thought we'd have a prototype ready last week but ended up having to make some changes to the mold so it's back to the fabrication shop. Really apologize on the delay on this one. Likely a few months out again. :(

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
209 Posts
I read the thread, but maybe I missed it. Can the 22 gal tanks be installed so that the larger part of the reservoir/fittings face forward? I want as much 'garage' room as I can get between the rear doors and wheel well.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts