Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advantage front wheel drive,save tons of money,lower and more stable on the windy
highway lightweight, and VOLUME!
Kinda makes sense that they use them more in Europe for class b's.
More and more builders are starting to do them up here now, still got a long way
to go.
Any regrets?:)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Width!!
Sprinter only one inch wider than a Chrysler minivan.Pm pasted in with Sprinter below.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Class B Sprinter with dual wheels and loaded is over 10,000 pounds.
Promaster Ext. is over 1000 pounds lighter before outfitted than the Sprinter duely .
And 500 pounds of cash.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were to join the Sprinter forum and post this,they would hang me with a new Mercedes rope ($250 ) value!:eek:

Ps just having fun with this and don't take it to serious ,its only a van.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'd like to see the same comparison figures done with the new Transit varieties....

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to see the same comparison figures done with the new Transit varieties....
Yes I could do that. The Transit cab/engine has a bigger foot print than the Sprinter.
The NV has the largest cab/engine foot print.
Will work on it! The Ford rope is quite a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Very cool, and I agree, would be slick to see same with the Transit.

I want to like the PM, and I've been a bit more interested in it recently, but I'm not sure the extended PM will have enough length inside for the layout that I want to do; keep going back to an extended Transit, but I don't care for that super tall height... (need to start putting floorplan ideas down with measurements instead of just thinking about 'em)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes I could do that. The Transit cab/engine has a bigger foot print than the Sprinter.
The NV has the largest cab/engine foot print.
Will work on it! The Ford rope is quite a bit cheaper.
I could really set you a challenge: Instead of lining them up with the front bumper, line them up mid-ships with where the cargo area starts.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could really set you a challenge: Instead of lining them up with the front bumper, line them up mid-ships with where the cargo area starts.
I will do both ,it will take me some time.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,002 Posts
It's a good source for information but full of dick heads I'm afraid, otherwise!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's interesting how close the Sprinter 144" is to the PM 159".
Yes ,Only 3" longer! But massive inside compared to the Sprinter.
Go in a Sprinter and spread your arms out. Very skinny van.
Reminds me of the old DC 9 Jet airplanes. Now it is all wide body aircraft.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a good source for information but full of dick heads I'm afraid, otherwise!
I have been in there looking and should rename "Who has the most marbles"
Forum.
And yes it has good info in the RV section.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If Fiat really wants to compete with Sprinter in the class c chassis market then bring over the Iveco Daily. The Daily just won Van of the year and it's a beautiful van. It comes in 4wd and dual wheels and has GVW ratings of 15,000 lbs. It also has the same Diesel and AMT tranny as the Promaster. For heavier applications I think it'd be great. I've been wishing for an Iveco Chassis for 3 years.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
If Fiat really wants to compete with Sprinter in the class c chassis market then bring over the Iveco Daily. The Daily just won Van of the year and it's a beautiful van. It comes in 4wd and dual wheels and has GVW ratings of 15,000 lbs. It also has the same Diesel and AMT tranny as the Promaster. For heavier applications I think it'd be great. I've been wishing for an Iveco Chassis for 3 years.
Thanks for posting. I love the size range.

I've been thinking for a long time that there is a limited market for a super-sized Class B (on steroids) that could compete with smaller Class Cs. The demand for largest possible van should be obvious when so many manufacturers are going to largest ProMaster or largest 24-ft long Sprinters for their conversions.

The Iveco web site claims a maximum of 4.75 meter wheelbase (187 inches), and up to 19.6 cubic meters of volume (largest PM is 15 cubic meters). That converts to 692 cubic feet, much larger than even the largest 17 cubic meter European Ducato or Sprinter (that's about 600 cubic feet).

I agree it could be a Class C challenger, but my interest would be more towards creating a baby Class A that doesn't start to fall apart after a few years.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts