Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my diesel Promaster. I was told once Dodge issues the VIN it will by 8 weeks. I liked the short wheelbase and turning radius. I was close to going with the 2015 diesel Ford Transit. The dealer ordering price for the Transit was $3,000 off sticker plus $1,500 rebate. This made it very close to the Promaster in price; about $1,000 more. Currently the Promaster dealer said Dodge has not established a rebate for 2015, but I would get it if it is in effect when I get my Promaster. I personally like the look of the Promaster. It reminds me of an old VW bus. I hope the quality is good for the Promaster. Apparently the diesel is now available and Ram wants a a good backlog before production so get out there and order some diesels.

·
Super Moderator
9,044 Posts
I think the Promaster is the best looking one of the the three. I don't even include the Nissan because it's ugggly on wheels and, in my opinion, isn't a real van!

It's most likely a toss up wheather Ford or Chysler will give you better service and like religion, most everyone has their favorite brand that is the "very best in the world". In reality, buy whichever one fits you the best in comfort, styling and value.

One thing is for sure, if you want to spend a lot of money on maintenance and get poor dealer service and ripped off at the same time, buy a a Sprinter, NOT a Promaster or Transit!

·
Registered
887 Posts
motorsailor, was it a 2015 you ordered?

I think the ProMaster is better looking and better designed in so many ways, that even if the dealer network is not as highly rated as Ford, I'll gladly suffer a little for the better designed van.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
If he just ordered it must be a MY 2015. Production will start 9/22.

My question is do we get the face lifted 2015 like everyone else in the world? What are the dealers saying?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the record, i was told that it will be 2015. While Dodge accepted the order they did say that there could be changes in price. My dealer did not think it would be much plus he believes there will be a rebate. Promaster needs to get market share and the feeling is that the diesel and the price will improve their sales. From what i am told the sales for the 2014 has been OK, but not where Dodge wanted them to be.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
The dealer near me in San Diego currently has around 7 or 8 Promasters on the lot. The silver 136 high top I test drove with most options was listed for $29k and the sales manager practically begged me to buy it, enticing me with "thousands off" so they could hit their unit sales number.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
For the record, i was told that it will be 2015. While Dodge accepted the order they did say that there could be changes in price. My dealer did not think it would be much plus he believes there will be a rebate. Promaster needs to get market share and the feeling is that the diesel and the price will improve their sales. From what i am told the sales for the 2014 has been OK, but not where Dodge wanted them to be.
I have read somewhere that they were hoping to sell 30,000 PMs in the first year. So far, they sold 11,796 of them in 11 months:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/10/ram-promaster-sales-figures-usa-canada.html

They would have achieved their goal if the USA market would have responded like the Canadian market: 3,540 were sold in Canada and the population is one tenth of what it is in the States.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Allpar says 2014 sales are at 7,423, so perhaps the balance of sales occurred in late 2013?
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/08/by-the-numbers-chrysler-fiat-nafta-sales
Perhaps bad sales numbers are the kick in the pants needed to bring more PM options and the facelift/new headlights to market in 2015?
That is correct, Keith, the numbers I gave include Autumn 2013, when the PM came out.

But the sales numbers aren't that bad. For example, 13,697 Sprinters have been sold in US since the beginning of 2014 versus 6,924 Promasters (ref: goodcarbadcar). Not bad considering it's the PM first year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts