Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Sportsmobile here is a rough idea.
The design is for a single person who spends most of their time on the bed sleeping, eating, working, surfing the net.

The shower pan is for clean-up before entry and can be smaller

the bed is going to be curtained off with a bowed out curtain rod

the bath is a steam shower and sit-down tub, etc. - cram it all in if possible.

the two-burner stove is not necessary - can whip out a portable one when needed.

the wall unit across from the bed will be about 12" side-to-side (depth)

This should work for my lifestyle. Feedback appreciated. I have lots of details on separate graph drawings, but this one is cleaner.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Edit: Pulled the image from the PDF:

Is that a sink to the right of the burners?

How high are the cabinets on the passenger side? Is that your work surface?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,526 Posts
The bowed curtain rod for the bed is a stroke of genius.

My stomach curdles when I see the possibility of a steam shower in a van. Over-engineer your ventilation.

You might also want to re-think the shower pan at the entrance. I'd suggest trying a simple mat first, then more extreme measures only if that doesn't work. We are serious hikers and often enter the van with boots laden with mud, grit, leaves. We have a <$10 AstroTurf mat from the hardware store that works wonders, plus the Marmoleum only needs a shop broom sweep or a wipe with a damp paper towel.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,537 Posts
Colleen,

That floorplan is a lot like my 159 wb, just cabinets on the slider door side instead of a second couch/bed. It has worked well for us.

The vent fan should help with the shower, etc. if you locate it at the back, in the center of the shower/potti area. There's enough space for a Maxxair 4500 in the last section of roof, between the last rib and the back doors.

Be sure to check out the "Floorplans" thread for more ideas!

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53962

1 - 4 of 4 Posts