Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not for me I am not in the market for an RV but If I was I would be interested in to more reputable brand for an RV. its nice too see what the Promaster is capable of though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
RV vehicles are too expensive and not very versatile, obviously. The best option is to get an trailer and haul it with a truck.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ProMaster is capable of hauling up to 2,333 kg (5,145 lbs). It could carry an rv trailer but it would have to be a pretty light one. There is a brand called Amerilite Superlite that sell trailers under 2800lbs.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The ProMaster is too small to be a RV....

We will see if they really bring it to north america.
Will it be a FWD RV?

·
Registered
363 Posts
The ProMaster is too small to be a RV....

We will see if they really bring it to north america.
Will it be a FWD RV?
I agree, if anything they will build the ProMaster RV to be wider than the ProMaster commercial vehicle we know of already. Even though the current ProMaster has the most vertical walls ever, it still does help that much since space isn't that great for RV purposes.

Looking forward to how RAM decide how big to make the RV model.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Fiat Ducato would be more like a mini RV. Everything will be really compact and within an arms reach away. But it should be able to fit everything you need if done right (ie. kitchen, washroom, dining table, single bed). Definitely not something for a family. At most two people.

Check out this Fiat Ducato Camper.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I guess if they did make it a RV it would be the more economical line and one of the cheaper ones. Since the bigger ones usually come with more interior accessories the price can get up there. Doesn't look to comfortable not for a big family at all. It would drive me nuts if I had to stay in there for more than 5 hours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was thinking of making an rv with kitchen/bathroom in the front and putting toy hauler furniture in the back 6 ft. This way I could justify the expense.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I was thinking of making an rv with kitchen/bathroom in the front and putting toy hauler furniture in the back 6 ft. This way I could justify the expense.
The Winnebago Travato based on PM can be used as a toy hauler for tiny toys. The rear bed folds to vertical to allow bicycles or a motorcycle to be hauled during day. I doubt an ATV would fit unless it was very small. Anyway, take a look to get an idea of what can be built off PM.

Relocating the wet bath to front could provide more room for toys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
RV vehicles are too expensive and not very versatile, obviously. The best option is to get an trailer and haul it with a truck.
I had trailers and a toy hauler. I now have a motorhome and would never go back to a trailer. Motorhomes are so much easier and enjoyable. Just pull in and crack a beer. No setup lol.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hymer makes the nicest RV's I have ever seen.
They have 3 different types of RV based on the Ducato:
Hymercar - based on the stock van, think of it as a VW Westphalia on steroids
Hymer based on Ducato chassis - this has a wider body & even lower floor
Hymer with 2 axle chassis - like a modern version of the GMC Motorhome

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Ducato/Promaster expecially with the 3.0 diesel, can manage without any problem also quite big RV vehicles. It's the #1 RV chassis in the world. Also in Australia, where the market was dominated by RV vehicles similar to the USA ones, the RVs based on the Ducato are now very popular...

·
Registered
247 Posts
We have a top speed limit of 81 miles per hour and the engine hasn't problems to keep it up. On the Alps we have also steep passes...
I live in Italy and I drive faster my Ducato 2.3 150 here then my Ram 1500 Hemi when I'm in USA.
I love the big V8 engines, but I think many people don't understand that they are now too big for the everyday use. The Nissan NV with 313 hp has a speed limiter setted setted at 160 km/h, my Ducato 2.3 mjt has a top speed of 170...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Here are the Hymer RV's based upon the chassis cab version:

And a paratransit version:
The second and bottom pictures look like twins of the Winnebago VIA/Reyo class A's built off of the F-50 Sprinter chassis.
Now I see where WGO got their idea from.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts