Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us waiting for the new Fiat Ducato style redesign, unfortunately it seems that it won't happen till second quarter 2015! Not sure if it will be released as a 2015.5 or a 2016.....
Here's the link
http://www.autonews.com/article/20140825/OEM02/308259996?template=mobile
In addition, Edmunds.com has the 2015 PM on their sight, including pics of a red PM cargo and a white one with windows. Both pics say 2015 Promaster courtesy of Chrysler LLC. They seem identicle to the 2014...
I wonder what the general "promaster owner in waiting" community will do. Keep waiting or spring for one now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heh, one of the white van photos at the construction site says 2014, and another from the same photo set says 2015. I am guessing all this information is just a placeholder for Edmunds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know the biggest buzz about the PM is how ugly it is but honestly when I see one in person it looks good to me, maybe because it's just so different from all the vans we've been staring at the past 30 years but I like it. I know the 2015 fiat looks even better so I won't be disappointed if ram makes a few changes too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
To me having the diesel is more important than the restyling. I like the funky luck. Who knows the restyled may look too americanized and not like the Fiat.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm going to wait for an official statement before deciding to wait or pull the trigger soon. I fear the facelift is not coming for 2015.
I prefer never seeing the front end, just the view through the window heading to my next moneymaker project. This van is the most comfortable, versatile and spacious work vehicle that I have ever drove or seen so the aesthetics are so far down the ladder that it seem irrelevant.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The styling update isn't all that important to me. Just painting the bumpers makes a big enough difference. A headliner would help tremendously. Both Transit and Sprinter allow you to order one as an option. They are pretty decent for the price. Everything else I could build easily.

May go for it anyway if I can find a loaded standard roof for $7K off MSRP as some have stated here.

Now if I heard the update would include a new 8 spd trans I'd be kicking myself.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The front-drive would be the 9-speed. I think they're reserving that transmission for the more premium and newer products for the moment - the minivans aren't getting it either (yet). I know that production is still ramping up (I have a customer that makes parts for these).

One of the minor niggles about the 6-speed is that some of the ratios are awkwardly spaced ... 2nd is too close to 3rd yet there is a big gap between 5 and 6. The 9-speed certainly fixes that ... so you can count me among those who would be kicking myself if the update included the 9-speed!

I think the 9HP is slated to eventually completely replace the 62TE, so it's likely only a matter of time ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I prefer never seeing the front end, just the view through the window heading to my next moneymaker project. This van is the most comfortable, versatile and spacious work vehicle that I have ever drove or seen so the aesthetics are so far down the ladder that it seem irrelevant.
A HUGE + 1 I have owned a couple of chevy several ford and a dodge van over the past 28 years. The promaster beats them all hands down. Room comfort power gas mileage cargo floor height turning radius door opening size etc etc.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
A HUGE + 1 I have owned a couple of chevy several ford and a dodge van over the past 28 years. The promaster beats them all hands down. Room comfort power gas mileage cargo floor height turning radius door opening size etc etc.
X2!
1980 Dodge ext cargo/1998 Ford E250/1998E350 Diesel Cube van.

After getting all comfortable with this van,go back and you will be:eek:

·
Registered
473 Posts
X2!
1980 Dodge ext cargo/1998 Ford E250/1998E350 Diesel Cube van.

After getting all comfortable with this van,go back and you will be:eek:
X3!! I had a Savana for 15 years and a Ford for 9 years before that...this van absolutely beats them in every category that counts. Looks are way down on the list for me. That being said the Nissan NV is rediculous looking and not very functional too. It's 10 foot max load floor is 2 feet shorter than I need. I actually like the current Promaster design. I think the redesign looks like a Chinese pug.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
OK I think we all like the van but the redesigned front end is what I'm concerned about. The rest of the world has a redesigned 2015 and we will get an old body style 2015? That doesn't make sense. I just don't wish to purchase a brand new van then a few months later see the new body style on lots. That will hurt an already struggling resale value. Until I read one way or another from Fiat/Chrysler I'm waiting.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Although, I really like the new look, I dont mind the old look, even tho its a little dated. The real things that concern me are, what other upgrades will it have? Would a back up camera be standard? What type of tranny will it have? And most importantly, will they make a crew cab version? I would feel pretty stupid if I bought a $31-35k truck and put in another $3-4k making a real nice crew area, and then 6-12 months later RAM puts one out......Im still undecided what im gonna do. I really need the van now........:confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Be careful using an older van after the promaster.
We still have and use our 96 E350 and I keep attempting to stand up as all that bending over is killing my back:crying:.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will wait for the diesel along with the restyled front end. We are currently working out of a mini van (Nissan NV200). Would prefer the ProMaster sooner than later and in low roof configuration.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I find myself having to be very aware of the height, and I have the low roof.

Much taller still than my Express - plus VanTech ladder rack adds another 6" or so.

Just today had two incidents. Almost wiped out my bank's drive through camera. Later tonight had to back out of the entry to short term PDX parking - was about 1" too tall.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I find myself having to be very aware of the height, and I have the low roof.

Much taller still than my Express - plus VanTech ladder rack adds another 6" or so.

Just today had two incidents. Almost wiped out my bank's drive through camera. Later tonight had to back out of the entry to short term PDX parking - was about 1" too tall.
I hear ya!
I heard the sound of the antenna hitting the bank drive through roof and stopped just in time to back out without damage!:eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts