Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
The manufacturer says it has to install a new pedal stop to “resolve a condition that may allow the accelerator pedal to stick in the wide-open position if force is applied at an angle” and adds that approximately half of the affected vehicles are still in dealer hands.

Not great news. Pushing me further towards a Ford Transit...

·
Registered
118 Posts
The manufacturer says it has to install a new pedal stop to “resolve a condition that may allow the accelerator pedal to stick in the wide-open position if force is applied at an angle” and adds that approximately half of the affected vehicles are still in dealer hands.

Not great news. Pushing me further towards a Ford Transit...
Could the Transit not have the same potential faulting? Look what happened with Toyota a few years ago...

·
Registered
886 Posts
The report on Edmunds says:

"Chrysler said it is unaware of any associated injuries, accidents or customer complaints. There was only one reported incident linked to the recall. It happened at a Chrysler testing facility."

Sounds like nothing to worry about. Certainly not enough to make me go running to Ford :D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
It seems to me this is good company practice,constantly testing even when the product
is out. Nothing happened with this so why jump ship?
Remember the FORD pinto?
No one is perfect. Even the shuttle craft with all the hi tech and many hands on "failed".

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah, just look at the new Escape. Total chaos...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Really doesn't seem like the worst thing ever. As long as they are good at actually fixing the vehicles in a timely matter this shouldn't be that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Recalls don't affect my choice... at least it means that something was fixed and dealt with. In any case, the brake will override the throttle (the days of brake-torquing a vehicle are behind us), so this isn't as big an issue as it originally seems.

·
Registered
473 Posts
geez. throttle stuck open.. that does not sound fun. unintended acceleration?
Nope, there's a brake throttle interlock on these. The issue is people panicking if the pedal does stick, and not pushing the brake pedal....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nope, there's a brake throttle interlock on these. The issue is people panicking if the pedal does stick, and not pushing the brake pedal....
yeah it's a big shock that people don't even think to throw it into neutral or try shutting it off and then braking. weird.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts