Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard in an interview with Ram Truck Brand Director Robert Hegbloom mention a passenger version would be coming out. Any news when that may happen. I am not looking for a conversion like an airport shuttle. Just a basic van with windows, carpet and removable bench seats. I know there are other manufactures that offer this but I am a Mopar guy and would be willing to wait if they are coming.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why not just get a van?

How much passengers do you need to carry?

Reason I ask is because the ride comfort of these cargo vans converted passenger vans is usually pretty bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need it for two purposes. I would say 80 percent of the time it would be used to haul things like car parts, furniture, home improvement projects etc. The other part of the time would be to haul people. Could be up to 15 depending on the trip. I don't have to have one but if they offered this I would consider buying one. I have a big family and traveling from Baltimore to Pittsburgh and back having one large vehicle would be very convenient.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I need it for two purposes. I would say 80 percent of the time it would be used to haul things like car parts, furniture, home improvement projects etc. The other part of the time would be to haul people. Could be up to 15 depending on the trip. I don't have to have one but if they offered this I would consider buying one. I have a big family and traveling from Baltimore to Pittsburgh and back having one large vehicle would be very convenient.
You can just get a sprinter, unfortunately we don't get the passenger version of the ProMaster, we might have to wait a year or two for it. Plus you can probably find a used sprinter passenger van for a great price

·
Registered
654 Posts
The RAM site now lists a 'window' Promaster van, specifically the 'Ram ProMaster Window Van 2500 HIGH ROOF 159" WB FWD'. The window van will only be offered in this wheelbase apparently. Whether it will have seating is not determinant at this point.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I went back and found the radio interview with Robert Hegbloom. It was on the Automotive Reporter. He mentions that there is a passenger version coming "down the road" but gave no time table. Here is the link to the page.

http://theautomotivereporter.com/show.html

It is in the on the July 28th show part 2 if anyone wants to listen to it. I will make a second post for others who may not be following this thread but may be interested in what he has to say about the PM altogether.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The RAM site now lists a 'window' Promaster van, specifically the 'Ram ProMaster Window Van 2500 HIGH ROOF 159" WB FWD'. The window van will only be offered in this wheelbase apparently. Whether it will have seating is not determinant at this point.
nice find. How much do these cargo van converted to passenger vans usually carry for passengers?

·
Registered
100 Posts
nice find. How much do these cargo van converted to passenger vans usually carry for passengers?
I know the sprinter could carry up to 12 people including the driver which is quite a lot. I would guess the promaster passenger can carry 10 given it's smaller size

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to price out the 2500 window van. It came in just a little under $35K. Maybe with carpet, bench seating and restraints option in the future you could be talking a couple grand more.

One of the options was the Premium Appearance Group which includes a bright grill and fog lamps. I have not been able to find a picture of a PM with this option. Has anyone else seen it. On the Ducato and the Boxer they have a bright grill surround. I am guessing it is similar except the Ram crosshairs are bright also.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
No never seen it yet, been looking. I added that as well.
I think it will look very nice and break up the front a bit.
Going to have a lot of option to mine. Me sell my cube
van and truck ,going to make this van my multipurpose
vehicle.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My interest is for handicap transport. We have a pop-top Econoline with raised doors, but my wife can't see out the windows while seated in a power wheelchair.
The disabled community is in need of a vehicle that doesn't need to be hacked up. That is expensive and doesn't last long in the rust belt. A Sprinter would do fine but that is at least 10 grand more and rear-wheel drive. Not the best in winter with no load in it. I'd really like to know when the PM window version is available. I hope they offer it in the standard height with mid or short wheelbase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My interest is for handicap transport. We have a pop-top Econoline with raised doors, but my wife can't see out the windows while seated in a power wheelchair.
The disabled community is in need of a vehicle that doesn't need to be hacked up. That is expensive and doesn't last long in the rust belt. A Sprinter would do fine but that is at least 10 grand more and rear-wheel drive. Not the best in winter with no load in it. I'd really like to know when the PM window version is available. I hope they offer it in the standard height with mid or short wheelbase.
Very considerate of you. that is a good question though for a Promaster with windows and yes the Promaster would definitely make a good handicap transport vehicle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Allpar article linked below is about Chrysler's Mobility Prep Group. Although they offer this on the minivans they mention the possibility of the PM also. I am guessing Ram will be focusing the initial run of PMs on the commercial market (delivery etc.). As production ramps up they will undoubtedly increase the variations.

Minivan mobility, B&W Dart

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 67 Posts