Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The November sales figure was disappointing at only 828. I'm kind of surprised it's that low, but then again, nobody as yet knows what a ProMaster is because there's been virtually no advertisements I've seen other than the usual YouTube videos from automotive writers and a few dealers.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I'm not surprised. I've seen no ads, other than the YouTube ones I searched for.

I am guessing that Chrysler is betting on fleet sales, because these are better in almost ever way but towing capacity than the older Econolines or Express vans. However, it would mean that customers have to jump companies. It will take some momentum, but I'm sure that as fleets are changed out, there will be a lot more on the roads come spring, due to both winter being a slow vehicle season, and tax issues on inventory.

If we see numbers like this a year from now, then I'll be really worried since it would mean that Ford kept their fleet sales and the Transit is eating Chrysler's lunch (well, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the midnight snack) in this department.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Considering the fact that I've seen zero advertisements for the PM and also the possible issue from another thread regarding possible "add-on shortages", I'm guessing dodge was very cautious on inventory quantity. They probably had no idea what to expect but if you don't market your goods, how can you really expect much in sales volume. Perhaps they just aren't ready for heavy quantity but wanted to beat Ford to the market.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Probably many are waiting for the diesel.
I think at the same time Fiat don't know how the Promaster will perform on the US market, but they are confident that the investiment in the Santillo plant is covered by the sales on other markets in the Americas, like in Brazil, where the Ducato (previous model) is already a well known vehicle. ...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does anyone have production figures? I wonder how many are sitting on dealer lots.

Also, I bet a lot of dealers ordered what they thought would be popular spec's, just so they'd have some vehicles on hand for potential customers to touch, feel, drive. Assuming that in some cases people liked the van after seeing it, but needed to order a specific configuration for their needs, we can expect to see an uptick in sales when vehicles bulit to order are being delivered.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with what MLTS22 says above. Also the diesel situation I'm sure is not helping either

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Sprinter at 2010 is high for that nameplate. I see the ProMaster passing that number easily as soon as the word gets out

·
Registered
386 Posts
Most of my friends don't even know about the Promaster.

People only start looking once they need to buy. And even then.. The promaster isn't exactly very public about its release.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Also, isn't the PM a 2014 model year? What would make the comparison complete is a sales vs. inventory ratio, & I bet the PM would rate better in that regard.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also, isn't the PM a 2014 model year? What would make the comparison complete is a sales vs. inventory ratio, & I bet the PM would rate better in that regard.
good point, it's probably better if we do that, technically it is a 2014 model. just need to keep on looking out for new sales stats

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have only seen short ones which I and possibly many people have no use for. I need an extended length van for the work I do. That and I would prefer a diesel.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have only seen short ones which I and possibly many people have no use for. I need an extended length van for the work I do. That and I would prefer a diesel.
what do you do that you need the longer version for?
what truck do you currently use on the job

·
Registered
166 Posts
the transit connect is moving well. good move to bring the doblo over and capture at least a fraction of that segment which is virtually dominated by the Connect.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Doblò is a very good vehicle, but the Transit Connect is a newer product, so it maybe better.
In the case of the Ducato the age of the project seems to be not so important.
After 7 years it's very competitive on the european market.
Probably the design is so rational that is very difficult to do something better...

·
Registered
473 Posts
what do you do that you need the longer version for?
what truck do you currently use on the job
Floorcovering installations. Most of my stuff is 12', 13' 2" (metric 3 meters), 13' 6" and occasionally 15'.

Now I use a GMC extended van but all the materials slide between the seats. Kind of a pain.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts