Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WannaBee? Have test driven 2 Ram ProMasters, read a lot about them & been searching around for a loaded, low roof, 136" ProMaster with windows - any color but white.

Learned only cargo vans are out & passenger versions are all aftermarket conversions at this point. Anyone know when factory full headliner, full rear upholstery, window versions will hit dealer lots?

Considering camperizing an empty PM 1500, so long as it's got rear & side windows, is loaded & ain't white. So far can't find one.

Have only seen 6 PM's on the road & about a dozen at dealers, all white except for a red & silver.

Visited 2 big, new, glitzy, local Chrysler/Ram dealerships & was greeted by salesmen who hadn't even heard a ProMaster! One Googled it in front of me & had never seen it. Dealer who does stock PM can't find what I want.

Was fan of Fiat 242 & Citroen C35, tried to import one way back. Curious about real world MPG & the effectiveness of AC in FL climate. Test drives were in a cool NY.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never speak to the retail sales people ever. E-V-E-R.

Ask for a fleet/commercial vehicle manager if the dealership doesn't have one find another dealership. Fleet managers will be your best bet for where product is and what's is available and when it's available.

I'm one (albeit for a different brand) and my retail guys can barely blink and breath at the same time and strictly aren't allowed to handle any van customers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allow me to clarify. Much to my surprise, neither big, new, glitzy, local (FL) Chrysler/Ram dealership sold ProMaster. They have big Ram signs up & sell Ram pickups, but not ProMaster. There was nobody to ask for & retail sales people descend on you.

Point is that only certain FL Chrysler/Ram dealers sell ProMaster.

Conversely, the itty bitty, old, ramshackle Chrysler/Ram in NY had 4 Promasters sitting there for 4 months.

The regional dealer that does sell PM has dropped the ball & not called back or emailed info in his search for my spec PM. Will have to contact bigger FL city.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Allow me to clarify. Much to my surprise, neither big, new, glitzy, local (FL) Chrysler/Ram dealership sold ProMaster. They have big Ram signs up & sell Ram pickups, but not ProMaster. There was nobody to ask for & retail sales people descend on you.

Conversely, the itty bitty, old, ramshackle Chrysler/Ram in NY had 4 Promasters sitting there for 4 months.

The regional dealer that does sell PM has dropped the ball & not called back or emailed info in his search for my spec PM. Will have to contact bigger FL city.
Many of the manufacturers have requirements before you can be certified to sell a certain type of vehicle. It's possible, that the big shiny store has not met those requirements as of yet.

·
Registered
180 Posts

The dealer a mile from my house does not know what a promaster is. Seriously. Fortunately the next closest guys have a big inventory, a credible service dept and really want to move product. They offered to swap seats, doors, whatever it took to get something off the lot or would gladly pull in stock from another dealer. All while offering big discounts. The contrast can be striking. Try a few dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts