Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.... We're having a heck of a time getting insurance on our Promaster used for personal use, not a business. Anyone out there with similar circumstances having any luck and if so, who with? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Try Farmers. I get a rate on commercial coverage comparable to a personal line. They were also the cheapest I could find. A good agent helps. There are a lot of discounts to be had if they do the work for you. I tried one of those multi company "we shop your deal" outfits who advertise on the radio. Waste of time. It's invariably cheaper if you move all your policies, but you will get jacked up on prorating by the former carrier, so better to wait till any existing policies expire.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I called my agent at statefarm and he said it was just like personal coverage and it was alot cheaper then I expected. He even could give me a quote on the diesel model which was pretty much the same as the gas version.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hate paying insurance. It's such a rip off. I just bought a second work van. A 07 chevy express for back up and the insurance on that is more than my two other vehicles which are an 08 mercury mariner and my 04 sprinter. I searched a few different companies and State Farm was the cheapest but still $50 bucks more a month than my sprinter and $75 more than my wife's mariner. They said cause it was one of the top vehicles in michigan that gets broken into. Yeah it's a cargo van but so is my sprinter.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not only did geico not insure the pm, they also chucked me from the umbrella policy I had with them. I switched to Allstate,and saved $200 a year in the process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts