Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The conversion I did on my 3500 ext high roof. I needed 8'6" cargo floor space for the company I leased to. I wanted to be able to move around and be comfortable while on the road. Most of what is hauled in it is small, one pallet might be the norm or smaller. I do have to move the wall from time to time. It's real easy to move from in the cargo area. It locks into the e-track on the floor and also has two cargo straps for insurance. I had the mattress made at a local manufacture (syracuse mattress). $50.00 to cut it down to fit worth every penny.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty it works really good. I'm removing the passenger seat and installing a microwave/sink and fold out desk top. More storage going above the bed on the moving bulkhead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FedEx cc. I signed on in march as far as I know I was the 1st promaster signed on with them. I'm sure there's more now. However I haven't seen one yet.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but Tuesday I start with Tri-State doing expedited in the PM. But it seems FedEx, Panther, and a bunch of others are all competitive.

The PM was the major factor in my decision to move from regular trucking to expedited. Unlike regular trucking, you aren't married to truck stops, can park anywhere, can go do things and have some kind of life during downtime, don't have to mess with diesel fueling, don't have to deal with diesel mechanics, and can deadhead without going broke.

Kip-on-truckin'

Reactions: 1doveme

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peel and stick Velcro?? How did you get the Velcro to stick to the curtain material?
Thanks
It's sewn on the material. I did it on my home sewing machine. Only took a few minutes. I bought the Velcro at home dope the heavy duty stuff. Put both half's together and stuck it to the shelve. Then I pressed the curtain material (after I cut to fit) to the Velcro then carefully pealed them apart. That way I was sure the curtain would hang right. The Velcro is right where it needs to be on the curtain. It sews easy and fast. On the passenger side you can pull the door seal back and work the curtain edge under it to help hold in place. One piece of Velcro on the bottom corners to hold them together at the bottom. I also put 4 pieces on each side to hold it to wall behind the drivers seat and behind the passenger seat. The curtains I got from wal-mart on sale. $25.00 for the whole deal about an hour to do.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It's sewn on the material. I did it on my home sewing machine. Only took a few minutes. I bought the Velcro at home dope the heavy duty stuff. Put both half's together and stuck it to the shelve. Then I pressed the curtain material (after I cut to fit) to the Velcro then carefully pealed them apart. That way I was sure the curtain would hang right. The Velcro is right where it needs to be on the curtain. It sews easy and fast. On the passenger side you can pull the door seal back and work the curtain edge under it to help hold in place. One piece of Velcro on the bottom corners to hold them together at the bottom. I also put 4 pieces on each side to hold it to wall behind the drivers seat and behind the passenger seat. The curtains I got from wal-mart on sale. $25.00 for the whole deal about an hour to do.
very nice.. I just dont have the sewing machine.i can do everything else though... thanks fof the reply

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get them ready and take them to a hobby lobby or a fabric store they will sew them for you.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,376 Posts
very nice.. I just dont have the sewing machine.i can do everything else though... thanks fof the reply

A needle and thread has worked since way back when, and can be used while watching your favorite gossip show on tv.

·
Registered
810 Posts
A needle and thread has worked since way back when, and can be used while watching your favorite gossip show on tv.
thanks for the replies, guys.
i ended up using peel and stick Velcro strips and glued them on with fabric hemming glue.
so far so good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts