Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a state by state Ram Promaster dealer list? When I go through Ram, they want a zip code. It's impossible to find all the dealers that way. For example, I'd like to be able to see all Promaster dealers in the state of Iowa, or Texas or what ever state I might be in. I believe I've read there are 850 Promaster dealers nation wide. If I bought a Diesel Trend or Travato and headed for Alaska, is there a dealers list that includes all states and Canada?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a list of about 800 Chrysler Business Link Dealers. It was sent to me by one of the dealers I contacted. It is a PDF file, 131KB, which exceeds the file size for attachments here. The list is about 1 year old. When I received it, I went through the California List and found it to be about 95% accurate. There were 1 or 2 dealers on the list which were not commercial dealers and did not handle Promaster sales or service. I think there was at least 1 commercial dealer that was not on the list. The other 50 or so California dealers on the list were correct. There have probably been a few changes since I received this list but I would think not that many.

I have tried attaching it here, but I am getting a message that Max allowed is 20KB. SO it probably won't come through.

·
Registered
428 Posts
A nation wide and Canadian dealer list would be of interest to almost everyone on this forum. Perhaps the moderators of this forum could make it happen by making a special posting themselves.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Off topic: Aw, geez... we went through this over at the Transit forums. Most all the attachments will take nearly 1mb files, except for PDFs. Need to get a site admin to make the change. Its silly, really, to limit PDFs to such a miniscule size compared to all others.

On topic: Yes, please. An overall list would be great. Most of our travelling would be in the PNW, so I'd be curious to see what the 'coverage' is up here.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
A nation wide and Canadian dealer list would be of interest to almost everyone on this forum. Perhaps the moderators of this forum could make it happen by making a special posting themselves.
If only we could! We don't know any more than most of you do when it comes to what Ram is thinking.

A moderators roll is to keep things running efficiently and smoothly. I think it goes without saying that we all share everything we discover about Promasters here

·
Registered
325 Posts
Does anyone know of a state by state Ram Promaster dealer list? When I go through Ram, they want a zip code. It's impossible to find all the dealers that way. For example, I'd like to be able to see all Promaster dealers in the state of Iowa, or Texas or what ever state I might be in. I believe I've read there are 850 Promaster dealers nation wide. If I bought a Diesel Trend or Travato and headed for Alaska, is there a dealers list that includes all states and Canada?
Actually, now I recall that the list came from the Promaster Yahoo Group, posted in the Files section by dealer Jane Brunclik. In the early days of this forum, Jane made a few postings here and ran into the same file size limit. So she posted it in the Yahoo group.

Rabbitdiesel, I think you were a member of the Yahoo Group but it doesn't look like anyone is using it now. Perhaps you can log in there, go to the FILES section and download the PDF from there.

Anyone else can probably access it there by joining that group.

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
I have tried attaching it here, but I am getting a message that Max allowed is 20KB. SO it probably won't come through.
Are you sure?

What I see here:

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/payments.php

tells me that there is a 10 MB max storage for a free member. Paid members (or mods) have a 50 MB storage.

Anyways, I'll send a PM to tgblake with my email address and find a way to make it available.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Off topic: Aw, geez... we went through this over at the Transit forums. Most all the attachments will take nearly 1mb files, except for PDFs. Need to get a site admin to make the change. Its silly, really, to limit PDFs to such a miniscule size compared to all others.

On topic: Yes, please. An overall list would be great. Most of our travelling would be in the PNW, so I'd be curious to see what the 'coverage' is up here.
I've requested the PDF file size be increased but that's all the moderators can do. It's not within our power to just make it happen.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are you sure?

What I see here:

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/payments.php

tells me that there is a 10 MB max storage for a free member. Paid members (or mods) have a 50 MB storage.

Anyways, I'll send a PM to tgblake with my email address and find a way to make it available.
Not sure what the 10MB Max storage refers to. I guess I am not really storing it just trying to attach it. When I dragged the file to the attachment area, the Max Limit of 20KB showed up and the attachment did not come through with my reply. In the FAQ section about attachments, the file size limit for a PDF is listed as 19.5KB, I think. Other types of attachments have different limits.

Anyway, I have emailed the file to GuyT, so hopefully he can make it available to everyone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, now I recall that the list came from the Promaster Yahoo Group, posted in the Files section by dealer Jane Brunclik. In the early days of this forum, Jane made a few postings here and ran into the same file size limit. So she posted it in the Yahoo group.

Rabbitdiesel, I think you were a member of the Yahoo Group but it doesn't look like anyone is using it now. Perhaps you can log in there, go to the FILES section and download the PDF from there.

Anyone else can probably access it there by joining that group.
I had forgotten about the old yahoo group. I remember Jane posting but was not sure about a dealers list. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry for my previous message, you were right, I get the same 20K error message. I'll check with the webmaster @AG Jeff if there is a solution, but meanwhile, try this link:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/471910/BusinessLink%20Dealer%20List.pdf

Please tell me if it works. if not, I have a plan B.
Don't know if it is related or not but right after clicking on that link, I received a threatening popup indicating my computer was infected and that I needed to call security at the number provided. It was not my normal anti-virus/malware notification, so I believe it was an extortion attempt. I didn't call the number, but I had to shut my computer down to get the annoying warning message to stop.

Never got to test the link and I don't feel like trying it again.

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
Don't know if it is related or not but right after clicking on that link, I received a threatening popup indicating my computer was infected and that I needed to call security at the number provided. It was not my normal anti-virus/malware notification, so I believe it was an extortion attempt. I didn't call the number, but I had to shut my computer down to get the annoying warning message to stop.

Never got to test the link and I don't feel like trying it again.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I did test the link I gave, but since I have an AdBlock plugin on my Firefox, I didn't get that annoying popup scam window. I removed the link from my post.

The yahoo group is by far the best solution.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Convert the PDF to JPEG
I converted the file to JPEG. It is 31 pages. Each Page is about 300KB. Apparently I will reach my personal limit after attaching 10 of the 31 pages. Perhaps that is where the 10MB limit comes into play. I have attached JPEG photos previously which used part of that limit.

Here is just the first page to see how it turns out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,375 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts