Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the television commercial last night on Sunday Night Football (NBC)? I don’t know whether that was the first time it was aired, but that’s when I first saw it.

It was a neat commercial, in that it solely featured the ProMaster (no images of pick-up trucks or other Ram products). It also didn’t directly tout features of the van, but was rather a feel-good message featuring numerous tradesmen (who drive ProMasters, of course) and their contributions to a community.

I went looking for it on YouTube, but didn’t find it. Did anyone record it? Could you post it? I'd like to play it again to catch a few more views of the ProMaster.

Chris

·
Registered
386 Posts
dam. no official video on youtube? audio in the recording isn't the best.

unsurpassed power train warranty? whats the warranty? o.0

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, that's the one. Thanks!

C'm'on, Ram corporate, post it on the record, please. It's too good to keep only on TV.

·
Registered
363 Posts
it's crazy how they never posted this to their youtube channel yet they have it on TV.
maybe we'll see a different type of commercial/promotional video for it online eventually.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Saw commercial for first time during game. Van looks tall compared to Econoline and the like. Even the low roof PM looks tall next to lady walking towards it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Saw commercial for first time during game. Van looks tall compared to Econoline and the like. Even the low roof PM looks tall next to lady walking towards it.
The low is tall! I believe it's 90" to the top from outside. It's kind of a hybrid low/mid probably to not have to offer three roof styles and keep it more simple.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The low is tall! I believe it's 90" to the top from outside. It's kind of a hybrid low/mid probably to not have to offer three roof styles and keep it more simple.
Yes, the low roof is about 8 to 10 inches taller than Ford and Chevy current vans.

For what it's worth, the Ducato does come in three roof heights in Europe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go to your local BusinessLink Ram dealer's website and you can watch the video on their site.
Also, for Chance, ProMaster interior height is 65" (76" high roof). Chevy is 57", Ford is 53", Nissan 55" (77" high roof).

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
.....cut......

Also, for Chance, ProMaster interior height is 65" (76" high roof). Chevy is 57", Ford is 53", Nissan 55" (77" high roof).
I was refering to the European Maxi model that has an even taller roof. That model has an interior height closer to 7 feet. As far as I know the Mexican plant does not produce that model at all so we are not likely to get it in the US.

I would personally love to see a roof height option between the two that are now available with an interior height around 5'-10" to 6'-0" as long as the overall height was just under 8-feet but know that's not going to happen. Too many options would drive cost up. On the other hand Ford announced that the new US Transit would come in three roof heights, with the middle one in the 6-ft range. Maybe they plan to sell more units and can justify the greater number of models.

Perhaps when they redesign the PM they will bump both roof heights up a little. The low roof model's 65" of interior height doesn't make much sense to me because while tall by previous US van standards, it's only tall enough for very few people to stand up. Like with Sprinters, I'll guess the high roof models will outsell the low roof by a wide margin.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I would love the European Maxi roof height in the US, if only for RV upfitters. It would give enough room for the van to have a drop-down bed while still preserving a standing height, making extremely clever use of the relatively small space inside.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would love the European Maxi roof height in the US, if only for RV upfitters. It would give enough room for the van to have a drop-down bed while still preserving a standing height, making extremely clever use of the relatively small space inside.
GOOD point, a drop down bed is something a lot of people would love and wont mind paying extra for. how much more do you think the bed would cost?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
GOOD point, a drop down bed is something a lot of people would love and wont mind paying extra for. how much more do you think the bed would cost?
As far as I know, cost is not the main reason this idea is not popular thus far. At ceiling height, not even the ProMaster is wide enough to sleep across the van. And if bed is turned lengthwise, it significantly reduces quantity of upper cabinets that can be installed. One European manufacturer got around this by attaching upper cabinets to lower side of bed so the entire assembly lowers as a unit. This approach limits how far bed can lower, ending up like an upper bunk in elevation. I personally like the solution, but older campers may find the bed too high hard to climb into.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts