Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just joined as I have just discovered the Promaster City Wagon! Read all the reviews, watched the You Tube videos etc etc. I mountain bike and I also have a small camper ( Prolite Suite) that I pull with my 2013 Subaru Crosstrek MT for vacation road trips. Typically the bikes are on the roof of the Crosstrek for this. The appeal of the Promaster is that I could carry the bikes inside which I think would be more secure if the vehicle is unattended. Maybe that is just an illusion too, vehicles get broken into all the time!

Anyway, found a nice low mileage 2015 SLT Wagon outfitted just as I want ( loaded with OEM hitch and roof rails) that is ~$9K CAD all in with trading in my Subaru. BUT ...I have been on the fence about this for 2 weeks and cannot come to a decision lol. Partly because The vehicle is far away and there are no wagons in the area to road test. I did a short test drive in a local 2017 Cargo SLT. I thought it drove fine, but OMG the road noise coming from the back on the highway was just too much! Can any body that has one please verify that the passenger wagon version is significantly quieter on the highway?? Not expecting limo quiet, just reasonable lol. Also struggling to give up the ground clearance and AWD of the Crosstrek. If someone has pros and cons of going either way would love to read them.
Cheers,
~Crabapple

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
Welcome. Be sure to post City posts on the City side of the forum to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yea, they kind of hide the forum for us City guys. You have to go to the Tools pull down and it's there. Don't know why we don't deserve our own tab. I highly recommend the fitted rubber floor mats you can buy for the rear of your PMC. They help tremendously. I have never had a vehicle that I enjoy more than this van. It has a few little drawbacks but the pros outweigh the cons 10-1.

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
If enough City people complain to Auto Guide perhaps they will see the light and start a dedicated City forum. It makes no sense to share it with the full size Promaster but that is what they decided to do.

Maybe the squeaky wheel will get a Promaster a City forum ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem finding the PMC Forum but this new members forum seems to be only one in which I have posting permission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts