Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio in my Promaster City is going on and off, on its own. When it is on none of the buttons or controls work.
It comes and goes...sometimes I don't have backup camera which is the biggest problem.

It started right after I synched with my bluetooth on my new iPHone 7....could it be related?

·
Registered
22 Posts
what year model?

My 2017 has the *worst* terrestrial radio reception I've ever heard in a vehicle. I think my harness is shot or the antenna sucks. But I have a "HD station" that's 15 minutes from my house and it comes in nearly all static. My 2016 is fine. I wonder if they are the same unit or something new/worse?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what year model?

My 2017 has the *worst* terrestrial radio reception I've ever heard in a vehicle. I think my harness is shot or the antenna sucks. But I have a "HD station" that's 15 minutes from my house and it comes in nearly all static. My 2016 is fine. I wonder if they are the same unit or something new/worse?
I have a 2015 City....The controls on the radio started coming and going yesterday....mostly no control from either the touchscreen or push buttons. The unit also turns itself on and off, perhaps from a delay from me hitting off button.
Not having the backup camera is a real danger.

I have always wanted to upgrade to an aftermarket radio/gps so now must be the time.

But is there a way to reboot the system...does it ever need software upgrades? If so how do you do it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the help line for UConnect...no wait time and it is July 4!
They told me how to reset...seems to be working now.
They doubt it has anything to do with the bluetooth connection to phone.
But, I will be upgrading to Kenwood with Garmin GPS soon.
I would like to install myself using Crutchfield tech support but
I think I will go local installation as there are too many chances
I might lose part of my functionality and likely to be worth
having someone else do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts