Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my OEM cargo mat for my 2016 Promaster City Tradesman SLT from this site and got it in 1 day:

http://moparonlineparts.com/promaster-city-cargo-area-liner-p-7223.html

Fits like a glove, cost me less than $100 and I had it installed in less than 30 minutes. Straight forward install. Fits like a glove. I'm extremely satisfied.

Don't wait on the dealership or cut up something else. I priced out horse mats, generic 4x8 cargo mats, etc. You can do This install in an hour or less with just a T40 torx bit for the tie downs (x6) and a #2 philips head driver for the 3 trim panels.

Hope this helps anyone looking for an oem solution that covers 100% of the cargo area floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
This was already installed in mine by the dealer before I bought my PM City.

Thanks for posting this, now I can order a replacement for when I wear out the original.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how thick is it? Did it help deaden the sound from the rear at all?
Yes, it did. Not sure how thick it was, but I'm going to guess about 1/8-1/4"?

I couldn't be happier. Stuff can still slide on it, which is good for me since I am transporting hot sauce and bbq sauce boxes and can push/pull inventory around at delivery stops.

What I need to do now is find the cargo separators/bars to keep the cargo sorted and not moving over long hauls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried to order from this vendor http://moparonlineparts.com/promaster-city-cargo-area-liner-p-7223.html. There is already a thread re this vendor / drop shipper questioning them. I have tried to contact them regarding an order for the cargo mats them via web post, email and 6 phone calls. I have had no reply in 24 hours yet they are quick to charge the CC. I am very leery at this point and will start CC chargeback proceedings. I did stop by the local Tractor Supply store and spent a whole $40.00 + tax for a 4 x 6 barn mat that is, well, for the cows. I am super pleased with the barn mat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how thick is it and did it deaden the road noise at all?
It's fairly decent. I push metal framed tents, plastic boxes and 66 pound weights for the tent legs in the back of the PMC with this liner. The liner is scuffed but the floor looks awesome. Takes a day in the sun for all the wrinkles to even out (it comes rolled up).

I love it. Buying a 2nd one for my new PMC now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to order from this vendor http://moparonlineparts.com/promaster-city-cargo-area-liner-p-7223.html. There is already a thread re this vendor / drop shipper questioning them. I have tried to contact them regarding an order for the cargo mats them via web post, email and 6 phone calls. I have had no reply in 24 hours yet they are quick to charge the CC. I am very leery at this point and will start CC chargeback proceedings. I did stop by the local Tractor Supply store and spent a whole $40.00 + tax for a 4 x 6 barn mat that is, well, for the cows. I am super pleased with the barn mat.
I guess it's YMMV. I had no issues with them, and will be ordering a new set for my new PMC that I just bought. I like this liner since it's plastic, not rubber, doesn't smell and lets me slide my cardboard boxes on the floor just right.

Now to find someone that sells the OEM partitions...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered and got the shipment within 48 hours. Super happy. This is a pastic liner with cloth matting behind it. Super easy to install, left it in the sun on the driveway for an hour before install. remove the side plastic near the slider doors and the rear plastic on the door floor in the back. Mat lays in after removing the 6 d-rings. Put d-rings back, reinstalled plastic trim, done and done.

Looks great, perfect fit, makes it quieter, smells like new plastic (like bubble wrap, or a pool float) - no nasty rubber smell. Would highly recommend. Two purchases and two very satisfied shipments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts