Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the rear seat or carpet available separate through Ram? It may be easier just to buy the seat as it looks like the floor attachments are there on a cargo version.

Id prefer a base passenger wagon but the only one available looks like its in Texas as of now.

Thanks,

Corey

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Is the rear seat or carpet available separate through Ram? It may be easier just to buy the seat as it looks like the floor attachments are there on a cargo version.

Id prefer a base passenger wagon but the only one available looks like its in Texas as of now.

Thanks,

Corey

No. Not currently available direct from Ram.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was told by my local dealer that maybe as soon as next month we'll be able to order the wagon version.I'm on the west coast so maybe that's why we don't have any yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Parts and accessories aren't available until two weeks from now. Even at that, the accessories will be coming in sparse numbers to select dealers I am told.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. Any idea on the actual real world mileage on these things? Right now I use a kia soul 1.6 6 speed manual base. I average about 26-29 but im usually over the speed limit(its got alot of weight in it plus a 6' ladder on roof).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Didn't I read that all PMC will arrive with back seat and then be stripped to make cargo version?
Yes you did.The reason behind it is to avoid paying the 25% chicken tax on imported trucks.They bolt in the back seat and just like magic,the truck turns into a passenger car.Once in the USA,the back seat comes out,and again just like magic,ya'll got a truck again.Gotta love those loopholes...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can you get the seat

I have heard that you can get the seat if you want it. I definitely want one with the seat left in. I wonder if it is just a non functioning dummy seat or they send them all back to Turkey to be reinstalled on the next shipment.

My dealer has alternately told me I can and cannot get the seat.

Also, they look like they are only shipping with the dividing panel behind passenger compartment. I need cool air back there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the replies. Any idea on the actual real world mileage on these things? Right now I use a kia soul 1.6 6 speed manual base. I average about 26-29 but im usually over the speed limit(its got alot of weight in it plus a 6' ladder on roof).
Getting 22mpg right now on my 2nd tank of gas.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My combined fuel mileage so far from new is 23.3mpg.

Incidentally, my dealer has a white SLT cargo van available along with a silver SLT wagon.
The wagon is really sharp. I think the PM'City looks nicer than the little Ford Transit. I guess after having seen so many transits (New versions) on the road, they seem to look like every other Ford vehicle.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My combined fuel mileage so far from new is 23.3mpg.

Incidentally, my dealer has a white SLT cargo van available along with a silver SLT wagon.
The wagon is really sharp. I think the PM'City looks nicer than the little Ford Transit. I guess after having seen so many transits (New versions) on the road, they seem to look like every other Ford vehicle.
The pmc is rated at 24 combined so I would say what your getting is very good,and pretty much spot on.This is what I was wanting to hear,thanx.I noticed today my dealer has a couple of cargo pmc's on the way.The wagons should be following soon,I hope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need a rear seat for the Promaster City???

Looking to purchase a PM City today but really need the rear seat. Got a smokin' deal on a 2016 sans rear seat. Anyone make any progress on being able to purchase a compatible rear seat?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your looking for the wagon model. They come in wagon and wagon SLT. the tradesman version is the 2 seat cargo van. The wagon gets the back seat. And they cannot just toss the back seat into a cargo van because when it get converted at Baltimore to the cargo van, they remove the rear air bags and some other stuff and install a floor extension behind the front seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
PMC Mileage

I drive a 2015 Promaster City Wagon and have about 4000 miles on it so far. Mileage is 29 on the highway and 23 in local traffic. Average is 25 mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2016 PMC 2nd row seat

I am looking to do the same thing. Just purchased a 2016 PMC cargo and would like to add the 2nd row seat. Anyone know what that would entail? I am in Los Angeles if anyone has any info. Thanks much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2016 PMC 2nd row seat

Just purchased a 2016 PMC cargo and would like to add the 2nd row seat. Anyone know what that would entail? I am in Los Angeles if anyone has any info/local shops etc.,. Thanks much!

·
Registered
196 Posts
SOLD

I'm currently pulling the whole rear seat set-up out of my 2015 Ram City passenger wagen and are offering the bunch for sale. I live on the coast of Washington, and you'd have to come get them, as I'm too old to try to package all of it. The 'kit' includes both seats, the whole seat belt/ retraction thingies, the panels from both sides. The seats are black, of course (they come in many colors, as long as it's black...) I'll be taking pictures and posting them here as I take it apart. And I'll save as much hardware as I can. So, anyone interested? Remember, it's U Haul.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'll be taking pictures and posting them here as I take it apart. So, anyone interested? Remember, it's U Haul.
Complete rear seating 'Kit' by MïK Watson, on Flicker

The whole shehbang! Both seats, the seatbelt/retracter mechanisms for both sides, the plastic cover panels and package trays for both sides. Everything to make a wagen of your own.

Both sides by MïK Watson, on Flickr

Both seatbelt/retracter mechanisms

Detached by MïK Watson, on Flickr

Left side seatbelt/retractor, with hardware (takes ½ inch wrench; 12mm) for reference

1 - 20 of 22 Posts