Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Promaster and Promaster City. I don't see anything that confusing. Kind of like Cherokee and Grand Cherokee...

·
Registered
363 Posts
front end on the fiat ducato city is beautiful.
I just hope the promaster city looks just as good, it will help them a lot with sales.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
To me naming two completely different vehicles with the same name only shows lack of creativity. Whether Transit or ProMaster. To me it comes across as if they didn't want to make the effort to find a unique name for two different designs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes friends, according to the news, ProMASTER City will be in USA Market next year. It is kind of FORD Transit Connect style commercial car and a really useful car in Europe market with its European name FIAT DOBLO. We are selling all of FIAT DOBLO\ProMASTER City accessories in Europe and l think it will be an alternative car for FORD Transit Connects in USA market.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This will be just the right vehicle for a lot of people. They want something for cargo but don't need something so big. I don't think there are many other vehicles that compete in this segment right now. So that is another reason why Ram has been smart to announce this model.

·
Registered
166 Posts
To me naming two completely different vehicles with the same name only shows lack of creativity. Whether Transit or ProMaster. To me it comes across as if they didn't want to make the effort to find a unique name for two different designs.
Cherokee, Grand Cherokee...

RAM 1500, 2500, 3500...

Promaster City, 1500, 2500, 3500

makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Cherokee, Grand Cherokee...

RAM 1500, 2500, 3500...

Promaster City, 1500, 2500, 3500

makes perfect sense.
Not to me. A ProMaster cargo van has almost nothing in common with a "City". That's more like a tall wagon or minivan than a PM type of vehicle. Same goes for Ford Transit and Connect.

Ram pickups are fairly the same except for load and capacity rating, so using the common numbering designation to differentiate models makes sense. But taking a Dakota-size pickup, as an example, and naming it "Ram 500" would make no sense to me. It's basically a different vehicle from the ground up.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why do they think Americans are so simple?
My sentiments exactly. Europe gets Sprinters, Transits, and Ducatos with 4WD, and here in the US, that would come very much in handy, as unlike car maker assumptions, roads here are not exactly glass smooth and perfectly maintained, so 4WD/AWD can be mandatory.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Why do they think Americans are so simple?
I personally think that they think it's not so much simpler but instead ignorant, as in we don't know better. They seem to think that they can move any vehicle given enough marketing.

In my opinion marketing played too important a role prior to Internet communications. It's starting to change because we now have far more information at our finger tips to compare value, but it will take a little time for businesses to adapt by focusing more on product content rather than hype. Think about it, prior to Internet how many Americans really even knew what types of vehicles Europeans were driving except for those imported here? A few maybe but not many.

I don't appreciate excessive marketing. By using same name they are either trying to connect two very different vehicles by "brand" to promote one that can't stand on its own, or they are trying to confuse us outright.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Chance
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing